Office 365 LTI for self Hosted Canvas

Fred Beelen

Jun 12, 2017, 9:21:09 AM6/12/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Simular to the mail of Swan Iverson (7-jun)

Is it possible to use the Office 365 LTI for Self Hosted Canvas?
Anyone have an idea or experience with this?
I am using an office 365 business license.

I tried this:
LTI configuration (using the Canvas config.xml), o365 is visible in the Course navigation and Assignments.
When I use de o365 domain, the API conversations gives the unread_count: while(1);{"unread_count":"0"}

Thanks,
Fred van Beelen

John Shaw

Oct 4, 2017, 11:29:33 AM10/4/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi Fred
have you been able to get office to work in a self hosted environment?
John

Fred Beelen

Oct 8, 2017, 12:53:49 PM10/8/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi John,
No, this project is Temporarily stopped.
Fred

johns

Oct 8, 2017, 2:31:00 PM10/8/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred, thanks for your reply. Have you temporarily stopped it because you do not think it will work or for other reasons. I am beginning to think Moodle is a better option,  it is clear what you are dealing with and there is lots if support. There is zero for Canvas. We have been trying to get Big Blue Button to work for months,  no sound, we are about to ditch BBB. I am  concerned that the office 365 integration only works in the Canvas hosted version.   The impression created on the Canvas website about the open-source version and the reality are very different.
Cheers

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
--

---