Account Reports API - Where To Find the Account Number

Rob Callicotte

Feb 25, 2015, 9:33:16 AM2/25/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com

/api/v1/accounts/:account_id/reports

Where do I find the :account_id in the API, if I have the user_id or course_id?

Rob Orton

Feb 25, 2015, 9:45:12 AM2/25/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
If you are using the root account, you can use self as the id

/api/v1/accounts/self/reports

If you are wanting it for a sub account, you can use the sis id like you would a course or a user

Example here the sub account has an sis if of 'accc1'

/api/v1/accounts/sis_account_id:accc1/reports

If you are using a sub account and do not have an sis id, you can get and use the Id that is returned in the accounts api.

/api/v1/accounts/

More info on the accounts api here

-Rob

--