TERMS OF USE - ERROR

b0rgBart

Jun 30, 2015, 1:22:45 PM6/30/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Help!
I have installed canvas and am trying to test it on my system - I ran the server, logged in, and then I get this dialog box asking me to accept the "Updated" Terms of Use.  I click "Agree"... I click "Submit".... and then instead of getting routed to the admin dashboard - I get a chunk of code on the screen.... see attached screen shots...
Somebody please help me.

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 10.18.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 10.18.25 AM.png

Simon Williams

Jul 3, 2015, 10:23:07 AM7/3/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi, we are currently investigating this issue, it seems have something to do with assets not completely loading on the page.  In the meantime though to get you up and running, you can run Setting.set('terms_required', 'false') from your rails console, which will bypass the check for terms of service.  Sorry for the trouble!

Simon

--

---
<Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 10.18.37 AM.png><Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 10.18.25 AM.png>

hari kumar

May 6, 2017, 10:26:42 AM5/6/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi Simon,

I am not getting any error for terms required page, but i don't want this page to show my users.  I have upgraded my canvas version from MAy 2014 to Aprl 2016.  All users login for first time is getting this message.  I am not sure how I can run the command run Setting.set('terms_required', 'false') from the rails console, but I manually searched for these files (gor 3 erb files) in the server and found that the status is "false".

Any change for me to remove this page showing to users, please help me..

Regards

Simon Williams

May 7, 2017, 11:34:20 PM5/7/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hari,

Go to the root of your rails application and type `script/rails console production` (or leave of production for a dev environment).  This will boot into the rails console, where you can run the single command `Setting.set('terms_required', 'false’)`.  Or, if you’re more comfortable, you could just run `INSERT INTO settings (name, value, created_at, updated_at) VALUES ('terms_required', 'false', now(), now());` directly in postgres.  Note that ‘false’ is intentionally a string.  This will change this method to return false: https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/blob/stable/app/models/account.rb#L323.

Hope that helps,
Simon

Hari

May 8, 2017, 4:40:40 AM5/8/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your support, this is working fine for me.

Regards

Hari

---

Regards