Develop LTI 2.0 app for Canvas?

Maziar Aboualizadehbehbahani

Dec 11, 2017, 11:42:11 AM12/11/17
to Canvas LMS Users
I have two questions:

1. What is the status of Canvas in term of supporting LTI 2.0 provider apps?

2. How to develop LTI 2.0 to work nicely with Canvas? Any implementation guide?

Adon Irani

Dec 11, 2017, 6:34:41 PM12/11/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Very interested to hear what others say...
My understanding is there is no Memberships extension available.

Adon

Jesse Poulos

Mar 28, 2018, 7:48:59 PM3/28/18
to Canvas LMS Users
Canvas supports tool registration, but not much else. I don't advise implementing LTI 2.0 at all as it's being abandoned by IMS. Because of this, were are no longer adding new functionality to LTI 2.0. Here's a good article on this topic: https://mfeldstein.com/ims-failed-lti-2-0/

Jesse Poulos
Associate Technical Product Manager
Instructure