LaTeX API

Shawn Iverson

Oct 3, 2017, 8:27:02 AM10/3/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hello Canvas folks,

Is anyone out there using something besides codecogs for a LaTeX API?

--
Shawn Iverson, CETL
Director of Technology

wiki...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2017, 8:50:09 AM10/3/17
to Canvas LMS Users
I'm using. Three days ago I have switched to LaTeX rendering on same server with Canvas LMS self-hosted installation. It's very simple infact and based on Perl and Nginx Perl FastCGI - 20 minutes of work.

вівторок, 3 жовтня 2017 р. 15:27:02 UTC+3 користувач Shawn Iverson написав:

Shawn Iverson

Oct 3, 2017, 8:54:55 AM10/3/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Would you be willing to share a how-to, kind sir?

--

---

wiki...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2017, 9:16:21 AM10/3/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Of course, a bit later today.

вівторок, 3 жовтня 2017 р. 15:54:55 UTC+3 користувач Shawn Iverson написав:

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 8:50 AM, <wiki...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm using. Three days ago I have switched to LaTeX rendering on same server with Canvas LMS self-hosted installation. It's very simple infact and based on Perl and Nginx Perl FastCGI - 20 minutes of work.

вівторок, 3 жовтня 2017 р. 15:27:02 UTC+3 користувач Shawn Iverson написав:
Hello Canvas folks,

Is anyone out there using something besides codecogs for a LaTeX API?

--
Shawn Iverson, CETL
Director of Technology
Rush County Schools

--

---

Shawn Iverson

Oct 3, 2017, 9:32:55 AM10/3/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much!

Message has been deleted

wiki...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2017, 1:00:06 PM10/3/17
to Canvas LMS Users
OK, wrote to you instructions at my scrapy testing site: http://itk.pp.ua/latex/ (published to you reply before and it just disappered after submit button was pressed). Feel free to ask me if something is unclear.

вівторок, 3 жовтня 2017 р. 15:27:02 UTC+3 користувач Shawn Iverson написав:
Hello Canvas folks,

Shawn Iverson

Oct 3, 2017, 1:53:01 PM10/3/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much, I will give this a go.

--

---

wiki...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2017, 2:21:02 PM10/3/17
to Canvas LMS Users
You are welcome!

вівторок, 3 жовтня 2017 р. 20:53:01 UTC+3 користувач Shawn Iverson написав:
On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 1:00 PM, <wiki...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, wrote to you instructions at my scrapy testing site: http://itk.pp.ua/latex/ (published to you reply before and it just disappered after submit button was pressed). Feel free to ask me if something is unclear.

вівторок, 3 жовтня 2017 р. 15:27:02 UTC+3 користувач Shawn Iverson написав:
Hello Canvas folks,

Is anyone out there using something besides codecogs for a LaTeX API?

--
Shawn Iverson, CETL
Director of Technology
Rush County Schools

--

---

Shawn Iverson

Oct 3, 2017, 6:33:04 PM10/3/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Sir, thank you very much, it is up and running in testing.  I am moving it to production now.  I have no idea how you derived this solution, but it is pretty slick how it uses CGI via nginx to call LaTeX to render an image.

The only thing I had to do was add a missing CGI perl module.

wiki...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2017, 11:31:16 PM10/3/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Genius is simplicity :-) I'm glad to help you and your students. You are welcome!

середа, 4 жовтня 2017 р. 01:33:04 UTC+3 користувач Shawn Iverson написав: