Authenticating against Office365/Azure

Andrew Morton

Sep 4, 2017, 2:03:34 AM9/4/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi.

Has anyone had any joy authenticating against Azure AD / Office365 without the LTI option?
Is SAML the right thing to do?

Andrew

Cody Cutrer

Oct 13, 2017, 1:13:56 PM10/13/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

Sorry for the slow response, I've just been digging through some old missed e-mails.

You can use SAML or OAuth. In Canvas, when you configure a Microsoft authentication provider it will work against Azure/Office 365 using OAuth. Microsoft has a tutorial for adding Canvas to Azure from their gallery, but I've heard rumblings that that only works if your Canvas is hosted under instructure.com.

Cody Cutrer
Software Engineer
Instructure

--