PickPocket with Vivaldi Browser

Leif Walther

Dec 13, 2015, 12:29:04 PM12/13/15
to Canisbos Extensions
Hi!

I use PP with the Chromium-based browser Vivaldi and I'm happy to report that it works great!

I still have feature requests that would make PP even more awesome in my book.

1. Just a little pet peeve, nothing serious: Please add a toggle to enable/disable the 5s popup that pops up after I have added a page to pocket. The changing color of the toolbar button is enough confirmation for me.

2. Please add the option to instantly close the page as I add it to pocket. That's a big one for me. It's logical too I think. When I add something to pocket, that means to me: Read later, not now.

3. The big one: I currently have no way to add the second extension button. So I always have to go with my cluttered context menu to add a page to pocket. Some solutions I though of, but don't know if they are possible: Add a switch in the options menu to enable the second button.

3.1 The second (and more awesome!) option would be to add the second pocket icon to the omnibar like it was in the original pocket extension for firefox. That button would indicate (by color) if a page is already in pocket. If it isn't: A click on the button would close the page and add it to pocket in one action. If it is: A click on the button would remove the page from pocket.

I realize that is asking a lot and please ignore the omnibar stuff if you don't like it. I would love to know what you think about my ideas.

Best wishes

Canisbos Computing

Dec 13, 2015, 1:11:46 PM12/13/15
to Canisbos Extensions
Hi,

These are all good ideas. I can surely implement the first two. As for the toolbar, the Chrome extension only has one button, since Chrome only allows extensions to have one.

There is actually an option in Pickpocket to change the color of the toolbar button if the current page is already in Pocket—but this feature seems to be broken. I will try to fix it and also add an option to change what the button does based on that state.

It may be quite a while before any of these changes are effected. I've been wanting to rewrite the extension using modern practices for a while.

BTW, thanks for the donation!

Regards,
Chul

--

---

Leif Walther

Dec 13, 2015, 3:57:12 PM12/13/15
to Canisbos Extensions
Man you're quick to reply.

I'm already using the color indicator. It is working fine  as far as I can tell. I was just describing how the old extension worked.

I didn't know Chrome only allowed one button. That's too bad. Is the additional omnibar button, at least in theory, possible? Or does still count as two buttons? Maybe as a companion extension? Just throwing it out there.

In the meantime I'll try to find a workaround to make things a little more convenient for me.

I saw the paypal button when I searched for some answers and since I'm really happy with this extension I thought it was the right thing to do. So you're very welcome and thank you for your work.