Instant backup files in Library-Safari folder using Immortal Files free application

Stf

Dec 5, 2014, 11:04:50 AM12/5/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

To backup all those precious files which are in  /Library/Safari
like the QuickStyle rules, just go to

This little marvel makes instant backup of modified files and the most important, you can find back any previous backup-ed version !

Hope this could help.

If you are looking for another solution, take a look at http://www.code42.com/crashplan/

Part of their application is free: local and backup and offsite backup.

Just need to pay if you want to backup on their cloud.
I use it for several months, invisible, easy and reliable, several levels of encryption.
I have no link with them.

BTW, it is the only company I know which offers a real "Unlimited Size and Versioning".
They have reduced prices until Dec. 7.

Question to our master.

Is it not possible to detect if the pref file is suddenly becoming smaller, which means has been deleted and
a brand new one is recreated?

I was also thinking to lock the file between each edition/modification, so if Safari or another third party utility
triggers a "clean", the quick styles file remains as it is locked.

Or by changing user/owner (chmod)

Just ideas, for me it is solved.

Another suggestion, create an extension to workaround the new stupid and boring screen on macupdtae.com.

Thanks for all these marvels!!!

Stf