Quickstyle UX Enhancements

cli...@labrum.co

Oct 29, 2014, 12:49:22 AM10/29/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
It seems that Quickstyle is the only CSS override extension available for Safari that works in Yosemite. I find the user experience a bit cumbersome and have a couple suggestions:
  1. It's far simpler to have a single text box to add all the CSS styles instead of the one-by-one approach where you add the selector in a box then the style override it in another box.
  2. I would show the CSS override box in the popup that shows when you click the Quickstyle button in the browser, and the box should remain there until you close it. This is so that you can review styles in the Web Inspector and add values to the box without it closing every time you click away.
Thanks! :)
Clifton

Canisbos Computing

Oct 29, 2014, 1:44:00 AM10/29/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
I agree with your criticisms. I kinda hate Quickstyle, actually. I think when I designed the UI, I was trying to make it less easy for non-technical people to mess up. But it probably fails at that goal and meanwhile is cumbersome for those who are proficient at CSS.

I think I will wind up forking the codebase and doing a complete overhaul of the UI...at some point. The problem is I hardly use it myself, so motivation is somewhat lacking.

Chul

--

---