Tab Options extension; Safari crashes when choosing a Favorites Bar folder...

auntchilada

Dec 17, 2013, 11:20:53 AM12/17/13
to cani...@googlegroups.com

dear Canisbos Computing,

i'd like to report an issue i am having with Tab Options Safari extension. here are the particulars:

ProductName: Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.9
BuildVersion: 13A603

Safari Version 7.0 (9537.71)

Tab Options 3.1.2

issue description:

Safari crashes (most of the time) when choosing a Favorites Bar folder of bookmarks which has been configured to Automatically Open in Tabs.

disabling the Tab Options extension mollifies the miffed Safari gods.

also, in my testing, after disabling the automatic tabs setting and choosing Open in Tabs from the drop down menu of a folder of bookmarks, Safari crashes similarly.

my testing also included completely rebuilding these bookmark folders from scratch.

the crashes consistently report:

Crashing on exception: *** -[__NSArrayM removeObjectAtIndex:]: index 9223372036854775807 beyond bounds [0 .. Nx]

where Nx is an index to the position of the bookmark folder in the favorites bar?

crash reports attached.

NB: Safari 7.0 ; to configure a folder of bookmarks to open in tabs, right-click on the folder in the favorites bar and...

let me know if there are any questions or issues with my report.

respectfully submitted,

auntchilada

safari.tabOptions.crashes.Archive.zip

Canisbos Computing

Dec 18, 2013, 12:34:41 AM12/18/13
to canisbos
Well, I can't figure out why it's crashing.

What are you "new tab position" settings? For background tabs too. A screenshot of your Tab Options "Options" page would be ideal. Although, I've tried opening folders in tabs with all kinds of new-tab-position settings and couldn't get Safari to crash.

BTW I am using Safari 7.0.1 (9537.73.11). You might try installing the OS X 10.9.1 update to get the latest Safari, although I doubt it will make any difference.

Chul

--

---
<safari.tabOptions.crashes.Archive.zip>

auntchilada

Dec 18, 2013, 6:41:55 PM12/18/13
to cani...@googlegroups.com

hi Chul,

i upgraded to os x 10.9.1 and safari 7.0.1; still crashes...

i disabled each extension, enabled tab options, then each other extension, one at a time, and tested. got thru them all. no crashes... but then, later, boom.

now, the crash only happens occasionally. which is how it started back in late November, then degraded to often and then to always.

settings attached.

Regards,

Brian
tabOptionsSettings.png

Canisbos Computing

Dec 18, 2013, 7:07:20 PM12/18/13
to auntchilada, canisbos
Do me a favor: try changing both of the New Tab Position settings (including the background one!) to "in the default position" and see if it still crashes.

Chul

<tabOptionsSettings.png>

auntchilada

Dec 18, 2013, 7:39:23 PM12/18/13
to cani...@googlegroups.com, auntchilada
hi Chul,

can't make it crash with the default settings. switched back to "right of current tab" causes crash.

-b

Canisbos Computing

Dec 18, 2013, 8:00:43 PM12/18/13
to auntchilada, canisbos
Please try to see which one of the two settings, New Tab Position or New Background Tab Position, make it crash when it is set to "right of current tab". Try setting only one of them that way and the other one to default, then try it vice-versa. See which one causes the crash, or if both are required to cause the crash.

Chul