Could PickPocket automatically jump to the page I'm reading?

David Melvin

May 20, 2014, 6:01:18 PM5/20/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Currently in PickPocket, if I scroll down to one of the later of the 287 items in my Pocket and open the page, when I go back to remove the article from my Pocket, I have to scroll all the way back down to find that article in the list, and then click delete.

Could there be a feature that let's you remove/change tags of the page you're currently on if it's already in your pocket? That's my main gripe after using the Chrome extension for a few days.

Canisbos Computing

May 20, 2014, 6:21:04 PM5/20/14
to David Melvin, cani...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can already remove the current page from Pocket if it's in Pocket. Just right-click anywhere on the open page and choose Pickpocket > Remove Page from Pocket. (This usually works. But if the URL of the current tab is at all different from the URL of the Pocket item, the context menu won't show that command.)

To change tags for the Pocket item corresponding to the current page, open Pickpocket and click the Add button (the big plus sign). Enter the new tag(s) and click Save. This will also have the effect of re-adding the page to your Pocket queue, if it was in the archive.

You may also want to take a look at the option "Archive each opened link". If you enable this option, your Pocket links will be automatically moved from the queue to the archive when you open them using Pickpocket, thus hiding them from Pickpocket's default listing.

Chul

--

---