QuickStyle won't install in Safari Technology Preview (33)

Darren Mahaffy

Jun 19, 2017, 3:36:11 PM6/19/17
to Canisbos Extensions
In testing Safari Technology Preview 33, I've been trying to install my usual extensions, but Quickstyle gets rejected.

I drag and drop it to the Extension preference, get asked if I want to install, I choose yes, nothing.

Is this a known issue, or is there a tweak I can do?

Thanks

Canisbos Computing

Jun 19, 2017, 3:47:39 PM6/19/17
to Canisbos Extensions
Hmm. I just tried installing Quickstyle on STP (after uninstalling it first). There was no problem.

Maybe try dragging it to the dock icon instead?

Chul

--

---

Darren Mahaffy

Jun 19, 2017, 4:05:11 PM6/19/17
to Canisbos Extensions
That won't work, either.

I choose "Trust" when asked, then nothing. It doesn't get added to the
sidebar of extensions. In fact, it seems only extensions that are from
Apple's site are allowed to load.

Under the Develop menu I clicked "Allow unsigned extensions" but nada.

Color me confused. And yes, I've made sure STP is my default browser
incase that may have been an issue.

Also manually added the extension to the Library/STP/Extensions folder.

Nothing.

Canisbos Computing

Jun 19, 2017, 4:31:57 PM6/19/17
to Canisbos Extensions
Adding the extension to the Extensions folder was a good try, but that would have failed because of a missing entry in ~/Library/SafariTechnologyPreview/Extensions/Extensions.plist and probably other reasons. I tried copying the Quickstyle entry from Safari's plist file to the one for STP, to no avail.

I wish I knew what else to suggest, aside from possibly uninstalling/reinstalling STP.

Chul

Darren Mahaffy

Jun 19, 2017, 4:36:19 PM6/19/17
to Canisbos Extensions
Well, hopefully by the next preview, or by the final release this'll be a non-issue.

Thanks for the help.

Oh, curious, are you running High Sierra dev beta, or STP on Sierra?

I'm running on Sierra with STP.