LinkThing no longer works correctly in Safari

LinkThing User

Mar 15, 2014, 5:19:29 AM3/15/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
I have LinkThing set with these settings:
Position of new active tabs from links: Right of current tab.
Position of new background tabs from links: Right of current tab.

However, every time I open a new tab, it is placed at the end of the tab bar.

AAARRRGGGHHH!

OS X 10.7.5
Safari 6.1.2
LinkThing 2.3.5
Message has been deleted

LinkThing User

Mar 15, 2014, 5:21:45 AM3/15/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Uninstalling and reinstalling made no difference.

Canisbos Computing

Mar 15, 2014, 12:43:26 PM3/15/14
to LinkThing User, cani...@googlegroups.com
When you say every time you open a new tab, do you mean a new tab from a link or a new tab by other means?

This feature only works if LinkThing opens the tab.

Chul

--

---

LinkThing User

Mar 15, 2014, 6:10:17 PM3/15/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Oh hell, I completely missed the fact that LinkThing only works with links. DUH!

I was expecting new tabs to be created next to the current tab, which is what I want.
Guess I was thinking it would act somewhat as a tab manager for new tabs. I need a TabThing!

Thanks for your reply.

Canisbos Computing

Mar 15, 2014, 6:20:30 PM3/15/14
to LinkThing User, cani...@googlegroups.com
The extension Tabkeys may do what you want. Although it's mainly intended to provide keyboard shortcuts for doing various things to tabs, it also has a new-tab-positioning feature. Please examine the options carefully.