Using the arrow keys for shortcuts with tab options

goo...@nevd.org

Nov 5, 2014, 4:14:01 PM11/5/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to use the cursor arrow keys with a modifier for tab options shortcuts?

When I click the arrow key I want to use nothing happens.

Canisbos Computing

Nov 6, 2014, 12:04:59 AM11/6/14
to canisbos
There wasn't, but now there is, in Tab Options 3.1.6. Download from here or let Safari update it.

Note: It will not let you use an arrow key in a shortcut unless you combine it with either the Control key or the Option key. This is because:

  • Plain, unmodified arrow keys are used to scroll the page.
  • Shift + arrow combinations are used to extend selections.
  • Command + arrow combinations are commonly-used shortcuts built into Safari.

One other limitation: your arrow key shortcuts will not work inside text inputs and textareas. This is because Control/Option + arrow combos are used to move the cursor inside these controls.

Regards,
Chul

--

---

goo...@nevd.org

Nov 6, 2014, 2:42:31 AM11/6/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks for the quick turn around.

I use Ctrl-Arrow to move left or right through my tabs and Shift-Ctrl-Arrow to move them left or right in the tab bar.

n.