Form AutoSave Not Working

Jim Leff

Apr 13, 2014, 11:15:46 PM4/13/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chul

I'm running Safari v6.1.3 in OS 10.8.5. I installed the latest Form AutoSave extension. I quit and relaunched Safari after installing.

I typed in a web field then clicked outside the field.

Clicking back into the form, I'm not seeing "Repopulate Form" in the contextual menu (or, for that matter, "Forget Form Contents").

Any suggestions?

thanks,

JIM

Canisbos Computing

Apr 13, 2014, 11:17:48 PM4/13/14
to Jim Leff, cani...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, i ain't looked at that extension in ages. Ain't surprised it don't work. I'm gonna pull it.

Chul

--

---

Jim Leff

Apr 13, 2014, 11:19:29 PM4/13/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com
A shame. Such a great idea! And the only other extension anything like it, Lazarus, has never worked for me...

Canisbos Computing

Apr 13, 2014, 11:23:12 PM4/13/14
to Jim Leff, cani...@googlegroups.com
Truth to tell, it never did work right. It weren't good for nuthin anyway.

Chul

On Apr 13, 2014, at 8:19 PM, Jim Leff <jimle...@gmail.com> wrote:

A shame. Such a great idea! And the only other extension anything like it, Lazarus, has never worked for me...

Jim Leff

Apr 15, 2014, 10:42:10 AM4/15/14
to cani...@googlegroups.com, Jim Leff
I have a (brilliant) programmer friend who's curious about the approach you took with this, and might want to try to refine it (Safari form data loss has been bugging him for some time). Would you consider releasing the source code?

Canisbos Computing

Apr 15, 2014, 11:02:18 AM4/15/14
to Jim Leff, canisbos
Sure, he's welcome to it. I'm not proud of it, but oh well. Here are the source files.

Chul
Formsaver.safariextension.zip