High Sierra Compatibility

Jason Adair

Nov 2, 2017, 4:35:13 PM11/2/17
to Canisbos Extensions
hello,

I just upgraded to High Sierra & went to re-download my favorite Safari Extensions only to notice that these haven't been updated in a long time. I'll try them anyways, but am curious if anybody knows of any incomatibility issues or things to look out for. they are...

 - QuickNuke
 - ShowPass
 - DirectLinks

...additionally, are DirectLinks even needed anymore? I noticed when I click in the address bar field on a Google results page, & Edit > Copy, when I Paste it in a text area anywhere, I get the whole url.

thanks.

PS: I'm not sure if the author frequents these forums or not; I would have asked directly but couldn't find any contact options on the canisbos.com website.

Canisbos Computing

Nov 3, 2017, 12:09:07 AM11/3/17
to Canisbos Extensions
All of those still work.

I probably wouldn't use DirectLinks. Not only is it no longer needed for the purpose you mentioned, I don't know if it fulfills its other purpose of preventing Google from tracking your result link clicks, although it does everything it can to that end.

Chul

--

---

Jason Adair

Nov 10, 2017, 3:27:35 PM11/10/17
to Canisbos Extensions
Thanks Chul, much appreciated.

berchi

Nov 17, 2017, 1:45:06 PM11/17/17
to Canisbos Extensions
Following your advice I disabled DirectLinks; it actually didn't seem to be needed anymore. However right now I caught a glimpse in Safari's address bar of a few links in a Google search that were indirect. I re-enabled DirectLinks and so far it works fine (Safari 11.0.1 on 10.11.6). Fingers crossed.

Canisbos

Nov 17, 2017, 3:04:20 PM11/17/17
to Canisbos Extensions
Good luck. 😀