QuickNuke Changes

John Prokos

Feb 28, 2017, 4:37:42 PM2/28/17
to Canisbos Extensions
I liked the old icon for the toolbar. In fact I liked it so much I went in to the old extension to see how the version 1.3.1 and 1.3.0 differed.

xar -xf "JS Blocker 5.safariextz"

diff -rq folder1 folder2

 Then I duplicated the 16 pixel and 32 pixel icons and renamed them:

toolbar-icon.png
toolba...@2x.png

"not sure I had to do this, but since I could see no reference in any of the javascript within the extension for which icon to use, I assumed it's built into safari, and the toolbar icons must be named as previously noted."

I then rebuilt the extension using safari extension builder after turning on Developer menu:

Show Extension Builder

ahhhh, the big ole' "X" is back.

cani...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2017, 4:50:03 PM2/28/17
to Canisbos Extensions
Hi John,

At first I was only going to add a 2x version of the X icon to make it sharp on my Retina screen. So I was looking in the Emoji & Symbols tool for a suitable X shape. That's when I came across the backspace symbol and decided that was the right icon for Quicknuke. Frankly, I didn't even test it on a non-Retina screen, so I don't know how ugly it is there.

Good work on reverting the icon!

Chul

--

---