Need help with ccNotepad extension in Safari

Katherine L

Mar 17, 2015, 7:15:41 PM3/17/15
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I need help with ccNotepad extension in Safari.
When I click on notepad in the Safari Toolbar, the note opens as a browser tab. I would like it to open in a small window. My popup windows are not blocked and nor the default or the customer hot keys do not open anything, popup or tab. I have spend hours looking for a note extension for Safari like I have for Chrome. I'd really like it to be a keeper!
Thanks!

Canisbos Computing

Mar 17, 2015, 7:26:56 PM3/17/15
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

ccNotepad has not been updated in an eon. It sort-of works on my computer if I turn off popup blocking in Safari, but it looks wrong and doesn't remember your note. I'll take a look at it soon.

Chul

--

---

Katherine L

Mar 18, 2015, 9:05:30 AM3/18/15
to cani...@googlegroups.com
OK, Cool. It looks like exactly what I am looking for!

Canisbos Computing

Mar 18, 2015, 11:57:05 AM3/18/15
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I fixed some broken things in ccNotepad and now it seems to be working, more or less. You can download the new version (1.0.5) here or let Safari update your installed one. After updating, it's a good idea to close all Safari windows or restart Safari to make sure the update is applied.

Please note: For some reason, it takes a couple of seconds for the notepad window to open after you click the toolbar button. This didn't used to happen, and I don't know why it does now. It must be something that Apple changed in Safari.

If the notepad window still won't open for you even with popup blocking turned off, you probably need to use the "alternate window opening method". You can enable this in the Extensions section of Safari preferences — look for ccNotepad in the extension list and select it.

BTW, the way I turned off popup blocking was by going to the Security section of Safari preferences and unchecking "Block pop-up windows".

Chul

Katherine L

Mar 19, 2015, 9:01:46 AM3/19/15
to cani...@googlegroups.com
First, THANKS so much for trying to get this to work. Weird, you'd think there would be a bunch of note pad extensions!
I got it to work, it pops up with 'alternate method' but, can't paste into it! It is more like a blank browser window. Oh well, I do really appreciate your help. Thanks again!

-Katherine

Katherine L

Mar 19, 2015, 10:18:36 AM3/19/15
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Hey! Yay! It is working perfectly now. thanks!!

-K

Katherine L

Mar 19, 2015, 10:19:17 AM3/19/15
to cani...@googlegroups.com
Hey! Yay! It is working perfectly now. thanks!!

-K

Canisbos Computing

Mar 19, 2015, 10:36:43 AM3/19/15
to cani...@googlegroups.com