Proposal to rename "new" keyword to "clone"

Tim Caswell

Mar 26, 2012, 10:58:03 AM3/26/12
to cando...@googlegroups.com
I propose we rename the "new" keyword to "clone" since that's what it really does and "new" may be confusing to people who use it in other languages.  Any comments/concerns?

Jake Verbaten

Mar 26, 2012, 11:00:22 AM3/26/12
to cando...@googlegroups.com
I think this is a good idea, JavaScript made the mistake of using "new" when its ambigious.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Tim Caswell <t...@creationix.com> wrote:
I propose we rename the "new" keyword to "clone" since that's what it really does and "new" may be confusing to people who use it in other languages.  Any comments/concerns?

Fedor Indutny

Mar 26, 2012, 11:04:54 PM3/26/12
to cando...@googlegroups.com