C and C++

Gabriel Farrell

Apr 24, 2012, 2:56:00 PM4/24/12
to cando...@googlegroups.com
In an earlier thread indutny said, "...I'm considering Candor to be more like C, than C++" [0]. Given this design goal, why isn't Candor written in C? In asking this question I'm interested in learning more about the history of the project.

gsf

Fedor Indutny

Apr 25, 2012, 9:10:46 AM4/25/12
to cando...@googlegroups.com

I hadn't said that, though this sentence can be *partially* applied to Candor.

Candor was started as an experiment, and it is a first thing I wrote in C++. VM relies on many C++ features, therefore porting is impossible and meaningless.

The language (Candor) is supposed to be simple, but expressive. Like lua, but with EcmaScript semantics.

Fedor.