Hello world!

Fedor Indutny

Mar 24, 2012, 1:18:07 PM3/24/12
to cando...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Development of VM is going on, and soon I'll start working on runtime optimizations (on-stack replacement). But to start developing this, stability of language semantics and syntax is highly required.

This is why I'm asking you to express your feelings about Candor here: what seems to be wrong to you, what features are missing, etc.

Things that I'm especially really worried about:

Though, any other feedback is very important too!

Thank you,
Fedor.

Fedor Indutny

Mar 24, 2012, 11:28:52 PM3/24/12
to cando...@googlegroups.com
To keep results of various discussions in one place, here is some improvements that I decided to do:
  1. sizeof fn === number of arguments
  2. vararg ES-harmony syntax a(x, y, z...) { } and a(x, y, z...) . I'll consider implementing a(x, y..., z) if it doesn't add a lot of complexity.
Cheers,
Fedor.

Tim Caswell

Mar 25, 2012, 9:31:35 AM3/25/12
to cando...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Fedor Indutny <fe...@indutny.com> wrote:
To keep results of various discussions in one place, here is some improvements that I decided to do:
  1. sizeof fn === number of arguments
  2. vararg ES-harmony syntax a(x, y, z...) { } and a(x, y, z...) . I'll consider implementing a(x, y..., z) if it doesn't add a lot of complexity.

If it is too much complexity, the C++ API is always varargs, so I could implement Function.bind, and Object:new in C++ for example .

Fedor Indutny

Mar 25, 2012, 11:02:58 AM3/25/12
to cando...@googlegroups.com
Implemented both of this features, see particular topics for commit ranges.

Cheers,
Fedor.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups candorlang group. To post to this group, send email to cando...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to candorlang+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/candorlang?hl=en