IOException: No space left on device

demonc...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2014, 12:07:21 PM12/10/14
to camu...@googlegroups.com, Sam Lane
I've managed to use a number of threads to work my way through several issues, but I've come to one that I don't know where to go with.

I'm attempting to run the camus example with the only modification to update the pom to hadoop-client 2.2.0:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>hadoop-client</artifactId>
<version>2.2.0</version>
</dependency>

When I run -

hadoop jar camus-example-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT-shaded.jar com.linkedin.camus.etl.kafka.CamusJob -p camus.properties

I get the following:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: No space left on device
at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:345)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.IOUtils.copyBytes(IOUtils.java:80)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.unJar(RunJar.java:90)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.unJar(RunJar.java:64)

I'm not sure which device is referenced - local disk, kafka disks, hadoop instance? I'm running in VM environment, so some disks might be small, but I thought I checked all the obvious places and unless there's a larger need then I expect for a sample run.

Demon Coder

Dec 19, 2014, 11:49:55 AM12/19/14
to camu...@googlegroups.com, sam....@digikey.com
For future reference, the space issue was local to my process, not on the hadoop cluster.  I overlooked a /tmp drive that was cleared and I was able to run through.