PDA Weekly Field Report - 10/27 - 11/01

Conor Boylan

Nov 3, 2013, 1:20:39 PM11/3/13

 View as Web Page|Share on Facebook/Twitter
Tell a Friend

Take Action!

Dear friend,

No CUTS to SNAP
The House is expected to vote within a few weeks on legislation that would hurt everyone on nutritional programs, and could throw 40 Million hungry American children, veterans, retirees, and others off Food Stamps (aka SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program).

Please tell your Representative to stand up for SNAP. Use the provided talking points as a guide, but please use your own words. Repetitive messages lose credibility. Please share this link http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1987/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12346 . We need a groundswell of grassroots support!

As you know, Rep. Jim McGovern, is THE leader in the House on food security issues and has been a staunch, tireless, eloquent, tenacious worker in support of the most vulnerable among us. Please take a few minutes to watch his appearance on MSNBC the other night (you'll have to get through a 30 second ad first), and then take another minute to send him a thank you for his efforts. The thanks can be sent to his aides Scott Zoback at: scott....@mail.house.gov or Matt Pacheco at ma...@jimmcgovern.com

Congress: #StopTPPFastTrack
Tell Congress: Don't renew fast track authority; the content of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) must be transparent. Using a Thunderclap, we can reach hundreds of thousands of people at the same time and spread our message. The Thunderclap will post the Thunderclap message to your Facebook Friends and Twitter follows on November 4th at 1pm EST. To participate in the Thunderclap, click the link here. More on Fast Track here.

Robin Hood Report
Members of PDA national were present at the Robin Hood Tax conference. You can view videos from the conference here and please read this piece written by Karen Higgins who is a registered nurse and co-president of National Nurses United titled Targeting Wall Street, Robin Hood Tax Comes to Washington

Educate Congress Letter Drop Campaign
Our letter drop campaign will return on November 20th with a specific asks around climate change. The letter will be released next week and we will have our planning call on Wednesday. If interested in this drop Conor an email co...@pdamerica.org.

Progressive Roundtable
The Progressive Roundtable will resume on November 13 and will feature Rep. Keith Ellison (MN-05) and Rep. Alan Grayson (FL-09) along with many other allies. Please consider distributing this leaflet to help build an audience for the Live stream.

Issue Teams:
The ERA 3-State Strategy team had a great call;  you can listen to here . The call includes their legislative update (with new co-sponsors!), an update on the "Equal Means Equal" film project, the team's new Facebook group which you can visit here, discussion of House and Senate targets, plus state reports. To find out more about this team, visit their web page here  or contact them via email at eraa...@pdacommunity.org .

Calls this week
On Wednesday we will have our Economic and Social Justice Conference Call. RSVP here

BlogTalk Radio: Full list of all our BlogTalk radio shows here

Must Read Articles

Recommended Videos
Fmr. Goldman Sachs Trader Supports Robin Hood Tax As A Way to Move Away from Financialized Economy

Be the Change: Take Back the Federal Budget created by our friends over at the National Priorities Project

What is Single Payer?

Spot the Congressman!
We were delighted to spend some time with Rep. Rush Holt (NJ-12) after a press conference to demand that there be no cuts to the SNAP program.

Follow PDA