Our group needs a logo. Any suggestions?

Mike McClurg

Jan 27, 2013, 5:51:12 AM1/27/13
to cambridge...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm getting tired of logging into meetup.com, only to see that our page has an ugly "No photo uploaded" banner. Does anyone have any suggestions for a logo to use? I was thinking of some kind of stylised Lambda, but that might be a little hackneyed. Maybe a mashup of various FP languages' logos? Or should we just take a picture of the attendees at the next meetup, and make that our banner? Any suggestions?

Mike

Wojciech Meyer

Jan 27, 2013, 6:48:22 PM1/27/13
to Mike McClurg, cambridge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

What would fit well I think would not just a lambda, I propose a strictly
more powerful paradigm: beer with lambda label on it :-)

FYI:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/the-brew-company-lambda/157549/

(unfortunately this is just brewing company name, but nevertheless maybe
this beer would be a perfect choice for the next meetup? we might
increase their popularity and revenue)

Seriously, I'd like to help with the logo - but the person who actually
can do logos, is very busy at the moment.
--
Wojciech Meyer
http://danmey.org

Mike McClurg

Jan 28, 2013, 2:37:50 AM1/28/13
to Wojciech Meyer, cambridge...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Wojciech Meyer <wojciec...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mike,

What would fit well I think would not just a lambda, I propose a strictly
more powerful paradigm: beer with lambda label on it :-)

You, sir, are a genius. Can we contact the company to see if we can use their logo? Or maybe we could just go to a pub, draw a lambda on a pint glass, and take a picture of it? (Did I mention that I'm probably not the person we want to make our logo?)

Mike