Getting to the Royal Mail delivery office on Clifton Road

Stewart Brodie

Aug 28, 2014, 5:53:08 PM8/28/14

Royal Mail House appears to be a very large building and I can see it on the
map, but the photos are too old to show where the new delivery office is.

Where exactly is the delivery office and how do I get to it on foot,
starting from the plaza outside the cinema?

Can I get to it past the cinema and car park? I can see the cinema in the
Streetview photo at the southern end of the RM building, but cannot see
whether there is a walking route or a fence blocking the way. Or do I have
to walk all the way along Clifton Road to the CBS building, across and then
double back to get to it?

--
Stewart Brodie

Robin Fairbairns

Aug 28, 2014, 6:30:37 PM8/28/14
i always go down the road; at the bottom is a t-junction, the left arm
of which takes you to the po; it's pretty clear on google's satellite
piccies (lots of red vans), though the maps leave somewhat to be desired.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge

Paul Rudin

Aug 29, 2014, 1:44:14 AM8/29/14
Go out onto Clifton Way by passing between the Cineworld and the
Junction and turn right. Left onto Clifton Road. Left at the T-junction
(still Clifton Road).

Hamish

Aug 29, 2014, 5:49:20 AM8/29/14
When you're going down Clifton Road, the T-junction of which other
people speak is just by Hertz. You'll see the Hertz unit from a decent
distance away, so it's a good way to know that you're going in the right
direction! When you get to Hertz, turn left, and you will see red vans.

Stewart Brodie

Aug 29, 2014, 6:56:20 PM8/29/14
Stewart Brodie <ste...@metahusky.net> wrote:

> Can I get to [Royal Mail House] it past the cinema and car park?

Thank you to everybody who helped by answering my question.

The area is considerably smaller than I had previously imagined it to be,
and so it did not take me very long to get there at all. The actual office
is at the Northern end of the Royal Mail facility, so once you get to the RM
site, you have to turn right and go into the main building. There's no real
benefit to trying to cut through past Pickfords (I couldn't see whether
there was a fence or not), as it's just as quick to walk along Clifton Road
itself.

--
Stewart Brodie

Stephen D

Sep 11, 2014, 8:42:05 AM9/11/14
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of parking there though - twice in the last week I've been down at lunchtimes and the car park has been full. Its going to be hellish at christmas!

rosen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Sep 11, 2014, 9:15:05 AM9/11/14
In article <7a176c75-e217-43fc...@googlegroups.com>,
There is a multi-storey car park nearby though, if you can't go by bike.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Peter Percival

Sep 11, 2014, 11:34:09 AM9/11/14
Park where you like, so long as you're half on the pavement and your
hazard warning lights are flashing, that's fine.

--
[Dancing is] a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.
G.B. Shaw quoted in /New Statesman/, 23 March 1962

Daniel D

Sep 11, 2014, 3:23:02 PM9/11/14
Park in screwfix or toolstation and walk.