Calengoo won't work on my new phone

htcg...@googlemail.com

May 29, 2018, 3:42:26 AM5/29/18
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Version: 1.0.175 (880)
Device: OnePlus/ONEPLUS A5000_23_180420/OnePlus/ONEPLUS A5000/8.1.0
Android: 27/4.4.78-perf+
Calendars: 11
Events: 7215
Google accounts: no
Android accounts: yes
Local accounts: no
Task accounts: 0
CalenGoo time zone: Europe/London
Device time zone: Europe/London
Can you help me please?

I have a new phone and I am trying to set up Calengoo on it. However I am having problems.

I moved the calengoo.sqlite file from the fully working oneplus one phone to the new oneplus 5. Then I installed the app from the Google play store.
Then I tried to add my Google account. However when I select this all I see is a box with Google Drive (attachments) available (google Calendars is ghosted out). Why is this?

As a workaround I tried using the Android way of syncing with my Google account htcg...@googlemail.com that will sync some entries but not all. For example if I search for "hotpoint" on my old phone I get 1155 events but on the new phone I only get 8 entries.

Best regards
Alan Hunter

CalenGoo Support

May 29, 2018, 3:50:53 AM5/29/18
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi!

Then I tried to add my Google account. However when I select this all I see is a box with Google Drive (attachments) available (google Calendars is ghosted out). Why is this?

Thank you for your message! The "Google Calendar" entry is checked by default and it is disabled so that you cannot uncheck it. Because it wouldn't make sense to add a calendar account without the permission to access the calendar. Just tap "OK" and sign in.

As a workaround I tried using the Android way of syncing with my Google account htcg...@googlemail.com that will sync some entries but not all. For example if I search for "hotpoint" on my old phone I get 1155 events but on the new phone I only get 8 entries.

That's probably because the Android calendar syncs only one year of your past and future events whereas CalenGoo can sync all past and future events when being synced directly with Google. So just open "Settings > Accounts" in CalenGoo, tap your Google account, tap "Change password", "OK" and sign in. Or if your Google account is not there yet, then add it using the "Add account" button.

Please try this and don't hesitate to contact me again if you still have problems or if you have any questions!

Kind regards

Dominique Gunia

htcg...@googlemail.com

May 29, 2018, 6:50:57 AM5/29/18
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you for your speedy reply and explanation of the difference between an android sync and a google sync.

This confirms to me that I don't need the android account but the Google one.
However that is where the problem lies.

If I open "Settings > Accounts" in Calengoo and tap on my Google account, "Change password", untick Google Drive (attachments) and click "OK" I just get a page (https://accounts.google.com/signin/oauth?client_id=178319904653-2rhvqf43b4jqcu3fi89o9dd3gjipfe5o.apps.googleusercontent.com&as=-69ptpXgQX7H8SX7At9UWw&approval_state=!ChRzX2hlNFBmU25GX0Rnb20yUUk1chIfRTYtXzB0QUtNbDhla013TWpqbVNUV1VDekZ1M09oWQ%E2%88%99AB8iHBUAAAAAWw59-i8yYLUbNcNCYy3I1EQ8fBq86AVj&xsrfsig=AHgIfE8mg86ME8e96LHchGyL2xkJAa9vUg)

showing

500. That’s an error.

There was an error. Please try again later. That’s all we know.

So I'm unable to sign in. Can you help me please?
Best regards
Alan

CalenGoo Support

May 29, 2018, 7:03:08 AM5/29/18
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Alan,

500. That’s an error.
There was an error. Please try again later. That’s all we know.
So I'm unable to sign in. Can you help me please?

thank you for your email! Unfortunately Google has currently some problems with a few accounts. You can fix it by signing out first. Please try this:
  1. Try to sign in with CalenGoo to get the error 500. A browser will be opened. Is it Google Chrome? Open http://calendar.google.com in that browser and sign out.
  2. Then try to sign in again with CalenGoo.
This problem was reported to Google and confirmed by Google. They will probably fix it soon. However you can just use the workaround described above to fix it immediately. You can find further information here:

and here

Does that work? Please try this and tell me if it helped. Thank you very much!

Kind regards

Dominique

htcg...@googlemail.com

May 29, 2018, 8:02:19 AM5/29/18