upgrade calabash-android version

Himanshi Trivedi

Mar 21, 2015, 1:44:00 PM3/21/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
I want to upgrade my calabash-version to 0.4.20 . please help me...

Himanshi Trivedi

Mar 23, 2015, 1:11:39 PM3/23/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com

please help me how can I upgrade the calabash-android version to 0.4.20

Shahryar Mozumder

Mar 23, 2015, 2:50:52 PM3/23/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried executing the command gem install calabash-android -v 0.4.20 from the command prompt?

Himanshi Trivedi

Mar 25, 2015, 12:42:39 AM3/25/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
I have tried with this command but I get the below error.

ERROR:  Error installing calabash-android:
        The 'json' native gem requires installed build tools.

Please update your PATH to include build tools or download the DevKit
from 'http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads' and follow the instructions

Please help me..

Shahryar Mozumder

Mar 25, 2015, 10:03:53 AM3/25/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
You need to install the devkit, i created a directory called devkit in my ruby directory and unpacked everything there.  In my case since i'm running ruby 2.0.14 my directory is C:\Ruby200 and my devkit is C:\Ruby200\DevKit\   After I unpacked my devkit. Then i open a command prompted and changed directory to my devkit directory and ran the following commands.

ruby dk.rb init
ruby dk.rb review
ruby dk.rb install

then try executing; gem install calabash-android -v 0.4.20

Himanshi Trivedi

Apr 17, 2015, 7:10:02 AM4/17/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help...