Calabash-Android Detect Onscreen Keyboard

Shahryar Mozumder

May 6, 2015, 2:13:48 PM5/6/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way for Calabash-Android to detect the onscreen keyboard? Or maybe a method to minimize instead of using a go_back method?

-Shah

tobias....@xamarin.com

May 7, 2015, 5:13:03 AM5/7/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com, shahryar...@gmail.com
hide_soft_keyboard

Shahryar Mozumder

May 7, 2015, 12:52:30 PM5/7/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com, shahryar...@gmail.com
Thanks Tobias, unfortunately my team is still using version 0.4.20.  I guess I need to update.  Any idea what version this method was introduced?

tobias....@xamarin.com

May 7, 2015, 1:02:17 PM5/7/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com, shahryar...@gmail.com
In 0.5.0 I believe. You should just upgrade to the most recent version of Calabash-Android. Any reason why you are still using 0.4.20?

Shahryar Mozumder

May 7, 2015, 6:13:16 PM5/7/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com, shahryar...@gmail.com
Apparently the scroll methods and use of performAction changes were so extensive that we'd have to deal with hundreds of failed tests...for now its a little difficult for us to upgrade, would probably take an entire sprint to go thru all of our tests...  I've already been told we'll be stuck on this version for at least another couple months, and if I want to upgrade I have to create a story, create proposal, write out a cost benefit analysis...its soooo taxing.  I hate how gov't contracting works...bureaucracy just kills any progress.

:(
-Shah

Shahryar Mozumder

May 29, 2015, 11:11:55 AM5/29/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com, shahryar...@gmail.com
I just upgraded to 0.5.9 and have a lot work cut out for me.   Any suggestions on what version of Ruby I should be using.  I've been using Windows 7 64  and have been using 2.0.0p643(32bit) with 0.4.20, but my test laptop is running 2.2.2p96(64bit) with Calabash 0.5.9 and some tests get some strange errors and the heavy build eventually crashes halfway thru all the tests before completely exiting out.