Xamarin acquires LessPainful

Jonas Maturana Larsen

Apr 19, 2013, 12:44:31 AM4/19/13
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
We have some exciting news for everyone: as a natural step to provide a better testing solution to all mobile developers and teams, the San Francisco based mobile tech start-up Xamarin has acquired LessPainful and hired us. Xamarin's main goal is to enable developers to write cross-platform mobile apps using C# in either Visual Studio or Xamarin Studio.

We're extremely excited to be joining the Xamarin team to drive the development of the Xamarin Test Cloud and further improving Calabash.

So, what does this mean for Calabash?

Only good things! With this opportunity, we will get increased resources and be able to focus much more on Calabash and Xamarin Test Cloud. We will continue to work on the Calabash, and we'll still be here: following and answering questions on the forums, managing pull requests, fixing bugs, developing features etc.
Also, Calabash will remain open source like it has always been.

You're welcome to ask questions here, but we recommend reading Xamarin announcement and watching the keynote from Xamarin Evolve where the acquisition and product was announced.

http://xamarin.com/test-cloud

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/16/xamarin-launches-test-cloud-automated-mobile-ui-testing-platform-acquires-mobile-test-company-lesspainful/

Thanks to everyone for using and supporting Calabash and LessPainful! We think the future looks even more promising and bright!

- Jonas

Juan Delgado

Apr 19, 2013, 4:38:56 AM4/19/13
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Wow : )

Congrats guys!! I really hope this means you get more resources and better Calabash for everyone in the future.

Keep up the good work!

- Jonas

Juan Delgado - juandelgado.es

Jonas Maturana Larsen

Apr 21, 2013, 9:37:48 PM4/21/13
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Juan :)

It will mean better Calabash for everyone as soon as this settles down and we get back to work.

Allen Au

Apr 24, 2013, 8:37:52 PM4/24/13
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!  Looking forward to seeing more great things in Calabash.  I'm doubly exited, since I'm down the street from Xamarin:-)

Sumeet

Apr 29, 2013, 11:28:31 AM4/29/13
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Nice one! Congratulations.