calabash-android within travis

A Selim Salman

Jul 19, 2016, 10:14:47 AM7/19/16
to calabash-android

I am trying to get calabash-android running within travis. calabash-android works fine within my machine without any problems. I have the following travis.yml:

    language: android
jdk: oraclejdk8
before_cache:
  - rm -f $HOME/.gradle/caches/modules-2/modules-2.lock
cache:
  directories:
    - $HOME/.gradle/caches/
    - $HOME/.gradle/wrapper/
    - $HOME/.gradle/daemon
    - $HOME/.gradle/native
env:
  global:
    # wait up to 10 minutes for adb to connect to emulator
    - ADB_INSTALL_TIMEOUT=20
    - SLAVE_AAPT_TIMEOUT=40

android:
  components:
    - platform-tools
    - tools
    - build-tools-23.0.3
    - android-23
    - extra-android-support
    - extra-android-m2repository
    - extra-google-m2repository
    - sys-img-armeabi-v7a-android-23

before_install:
  # install ruby 2.0.0
  - rvm install 2.0.0
  # install calabash-android
  - gem install calabash-android

before_script:
  - echo no | android create avd --force --name test --target android-23 --abi armeabi-v7a
  - emulator -avd test -no-skin -no-audio -no-window -no-boot-anim &
  - android-wait-for-emulator
  - adb shell settings put global window_animation_scale 0 &
  - adb shell settings put global transition_animation_scale 0 &
  - adb shell settings put global animator_duration_scale 0 &
  - adb shell input keyevent 82 & #for unlocking as "powerkey"
  - sleep 3 # give screen some time to become unlocked
  - ./gradlew clean assembleDebug -PdisablePreDex --continue --stacktrace

script:
  - calabash-android resign /home/travis/build/app/build/outputs/apk/app-debug.apk
  - calabash-android run /home/travis/build/app/build/outputs/apk/app-debug.apk

It works with the 1st scenario of the feature and then once it starts 2nd scenario, it shows this error:

App did not start (RuntimeError)
 ./features/support/app_life_cycle_hooks.rb:5:in `Before'

Joshua Moody

Jul 19, 2016, 11:39:16 AM7/19/16
to calabash-android

Please do not cross post.

You posted the exact issue on Stack Overflow.

Thanks,

jjm