Access phone contacts.

RG

Feb 16, 2015, 4:40:31 AM2/16/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have a requirement in my application, i need to create a contact in device by tapping on "Create a contact" option.
When i tap on create a  contact, i will navigate to create contact section of android device.

Is this possible to do with calabash? if yes...please help me...

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
RG

Sher Bhachu

Feb 18, 2015, 6:14:25 AM2/18/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
I would suggest you use native 'adb' commands to do this task and then wrap it in a method.

send current app to the background
fire off commands
bring app back to the front.

RG

Feb 19, 2015, 1:25:27 AM2/19/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sher,

Thanks for the reply, Can you please give me some context, how to do with adb commands.
Is it possible to enter text, assertions through adb?
Please post me some docs or references...

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
RG

Sher Bhachu

Feb 19, 2015, 10:53:05 AM2/19/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
This SO thread has the solution you need, I have tried it and it works with some minor tweaking...