issue in calabash-android new installation

Xi Xiao

Apr 5, 2016, 3:47:32 AM4/5/16
to calabash-android
Hi,

I just installed calabash-android in ubuntu 14.04 desktop, but failed to run it succesfully.

1. When I run `calabash-android version` I see error:

~/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.2.1/gems/calabash-android-0.7.0/bin/calabash-android:130:in `<top (required)>': uninitialized constant Calabash (NameError)

2. When I run `calabash-android console build xyz.apk -v` I see error:

DEBUG: Setting Android SDK location to $ANDROID_HOME
DEBUG: Android SDK location set to '~/android-sdk-linux/'
 WARN: Did not find 'adb' in any standard directory of '~/android-sdk-linux/'. Calabash will therefore take longer to load
DEBUG:  - Expected to find 'adb' in any of:
DEBUG:  - ~/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools
 WARN: Did not find 'aapt' in any standard directory of '~/android-sdk-linux/'. Calabash will therefore take longer to load
DEBUG:  - Expected to find 'aapt' in any of:
DEBUG:  - ~/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools
DEBUG:  - ~/android-sdk-linux/tools
 WARN: Did not find 'zipalign' in any standard directory of '~/android-sdk-linux/'. Calabash will therefore take longer to load
DEBUG:  - Expected to find 'zipalign' in any of:
DEBUG:  - ~/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools
DEBUG:  - ~/android-sdk-linux/tools
ERROR: Could not locate Android dependency
ERROR: You can read about how Calabash is searching for an Android SDK and how you can help here:

3. Here is my android SDK (v24.4.1) structure. I do see both `platform-tools` and `tools` folder inside.

➜  android-sdk-linux git:(master) ✗ pwd
~/android-sdk-linux
➜  android-sdk-linux git:(master) ✗ tree -L 1
.
├── add-ons
├── build-tools
├── platforms
├── platform-tools
├── SDK Readme.txt
├── temp
└── tools

Xi Xiao

Apr 5, 2016, 3:53:05 AM4/5/16
to calabash-android
btw, `calabash-android gen` works fine to generate skeleton

Joshua Moody

Apr 5, 2016, 6:06:36 AM4/5/16
to calabash-android
Please update to calabash-android 0.7.2.

If you still have problems, check your android installation.

Thanks,

jjm

VijayKumar Nadeshan

Feb 14, 2017, 7:15:37 AM2/14/17
to calabash-android
I was also facing the same problem. Now it works fine for me after updating SDK version.