Exception generated while creating the test servers for the apk file.

Himanshi Trivedi

Feb 17, 2015, 7:14:44 AM2/17/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
I am getting the below error message while creating the test server for the apk file i.e while installing the apk file through calabah automation.

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Could not decode ars
c file
        at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCDecoder.java:54)
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResPackagesFromApk(AndrolibRes
ources.java:540)
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.loadMainPkg(AndrolibResources.jav
a:76)
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResTable(AndrolibResources.jav
a:68)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.getResTable(Androlib.java:51)
        at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.getResTable(ApkDecoder.java:191)
        at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:116)
        at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:148)
        at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:77)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Expected: 0x001c0001, got: 0x00000000
        at brut.util.ExtDataInput.skipCheckInt(ExtDataInput.java:48)
        at brut.androlib.res.decoder.StringBlock.read(StringBlock.java:43)
        at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readPackage(ARSCDecoder.java:10
0)
        at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTable(ARSCDecoder.java:81)
        at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCDecoder.java:49)
        ... 8 more

Please help me out soon from this issue.. that it is issue of packaging the apk file or there is code problem in app installation code.

Sher Bhachu

Feb 18, 2015, 6:02:24 AM2/18/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Are you successfully able to create test servers for previous versions of this app? or any other apps?

Does the app have the INTERNET permission enabled in the manfiest file?
Message has been deleted

Himanshi Trivedi

Feb 18, 2015, 11:44:59 AM2/18/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
yes, the previously versions of this app is succesfully installed 7 able to create testservers .

How do we enabled internet permission in the manifest file?