Problem Handling Btw Phone and Tablet

sai krishna

Aug 17, 2014, 8:14:35 AM8/17/14
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Is there any way in calabash i can find out if the connected device is phone or tablet .

Coz i have different builds for both

can someone put some light on this.

Regards,
Sai

Jerry Tom

Feb 12, 2015, 5:59:26 AM2/12/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm too looking for a solution to Sai's issue. I have two questions:
1. I want calabash-android framework to know if the connected device is a phone or tablet.
2. Further if the connected device is a phone how do I make calabash-android run only phone specific tests?

Thanks,
Jerry

Sher Bhachu

Feb 26, 2015, 4:02:04 AM2/26/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
I have posted numerous times around this issue.

You will need to use the adb command set to query currently connected devices (there is a -s and -e switch I believe to limit the query to emulators and real devices)

Once you have run this query, you can collect the results and re-query on them, specifically trying to query against a returned OS version, serial number, model name, or whatever.

I urge people to use resources like stack overflow or the web to do a little research :)