Calabash-android: How to get elements which are not visible on the mobile screen

Santosh Kumar

Jan 29, 2015, 10:20:06 AM1/29/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am newbie to Calabash and Ruby. Could please help on the following question.

In my application there is list view consists of more than 70 list items and each list view consist of 6 text views. when I write a query to get all the text view content then am only getting text views which are visible on the screen. My question is how to get all the text views which are not visible on the screen (It will comes when we scroll the list multiple times).

Thanks in advance.

DZ

Feb 1, 2015, 3:00:08 AM2/1/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
just add the word 'all' before you query.
for example if your query is query("* id:'textviewId'")
ten it should be now query("all * id:'textviewId'")

Craig Little

Feb 5, 2015, 4:47:54 PM2/5/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com

Does this only work with certain element types? Because when I do:

query("all * id:'text_view_id'") it's only returning the 4 visible on screen and not the other 9+ that are below the screen until I scroll.

This is using the StandardTextView component.

Sher Bhachu

Feb 18, 2015, 6:23:08 AM2/18/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
It will only show whats visible on the screen. so you are likely to see different results if you run the test on a phone and when you run it on a tablet.
Message has been deleted