Feasibility of mobile game automation with calabash-android

Preeti Jindal

Jan 20, 2015, 4:46:34 AM1/20/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have following few questions regarding mobile game automation:-
  1. If I need to automate a mobile gaming application for android platform on variety of real devices, can it be possible? Or manual testing is more feasible?
  2. Can different gestures like swipe,slide,tilt or testing in different modes - landscape or portrait be possible?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks

Sher Bhachu

Feb 18, 2015, 6:27:11 AM2/18/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
  1. If I need to automate a mobile gaming application for android platform on variety of real devices, can it be possible? Or manual testing is more feasible?
> Depends how good you / your team are and how much experience in CI tooling/Cloud testing you have...but I would say its relatively simple.
  1. Can different gestures like swipe,slide,tilt or testing in different modes - landscape or portrait be possible?
> Tilt is a difficult one, but the rest should be fine.

You may be better off using a part automated and part manual approach.

Preeti Jindal

Feb 18, 2015, 11:33:50 AM2/18/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Thanks..