Is the debug.keystore file still required?

Shahryar Mozumder

Jun 29, 2016, 1:56:14 PM6/29/16
to calabash-android
I see this post from 2013 --> https://github.com/calabash/calabash-android/issues/241

It's about the requirement that the debug.keystore file used to sign the apk needs to be part of the Calabash project in order to sign the test servers using the same apk file
Is this still the case?

I ask because the issue I am facing is that my server cannot and will not get network access to the original debug.keystore file (which is kept secure) used to sign the apk.
And the challenge is my apk cannot be resigned or else I break the features I need to test.

Aside from physically copying the file from the network its on, what are my options? Is there any way to use a local keystore file for signing my test server and use that to communicate with an app signed with a different keystore file?