Testing App on Google Maps are not showing up

Sandeep Saldanha

May 11, 2015, 12:45:45 PM5/11/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

So I was trying to test my app on my device with the *.apk file and the Google Maps that are implemented on the application are showing up as blank. I installed the application without the calabash console and the maps do show up but as soon as I run through the calabash console, the Google Maps are just grey views with the google logo at the bottom. Is this a known issue? The Maps being used is Google Maps V2

Sandeep Saldanha

May 11, 2015, 5:31:38 PM5/11/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com
05-13 13:11:07.066  24045-24216/realtor.crea.ca.realtorca.uat E/Google Maps Android API﹕ Failed to load map. Error contacting Google servers. This is probably an authentication issue (but could be due to network errors).
05-13 13:11:07.070  24045-24216/realtor.crea.ca.realtorca.uat E/AndroidRuntime﹕ FATAL EXCEPTION: ZoomTableManager
    Process: realtor.crea.ca.realtorca.uat, PID: 24045
    java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: object not locked by thread before notify()
            at java.lang.Object.notifyAll(Native Method)
            at com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.gmm6.m.k.a(Unknown Source)
            at com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.gmm6.m.l.run(Unknown Source)
The above is my logcat
I understand that this has something to do with the API Keys but I see the maps when i manually install the application on this device, is there something im missing with the Google Map API Key?
THank You

tobias....@xamarin.com

May 12, 2015, 4:52:27 AM5/12/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com, san...@plasticmobile.com
If you resign the application with a different keystore than the one you have set up maps for, the maps will probably render as blank.

Sandeep Saldanha

May 12, 2015, 9:16:31 AM5/12/15
to calabash...@googlegroups.com, san...@plasticmobile.com
Thank you for the reply. I had a feeling that may be the problem. I am given only the apk. So you think i should update the keystore on my $ANDROID_HOME?