chauk up another celery score

Pete

Dec 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/11/98
Hello all. I just wanted to report another happy celery over clocker.
I put my system together about a week ago and I just over clocked it
today to 450 At 2.0 volts. What a difference considering I came from a
cyrix 166. I'm up here in Vancouver, Canada and it seems that all the
OEM chips come from Costa Rica and the retail chips come from Malaysia.
Any ways, a just wanted to thank Pete and all the other people who
answered by questions before I did this upgrade. Also, with all
information that I got off of prorec and Tom's hardware I helped two
other of my friends to build similar systems.

Paul A. Layman

Dec 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/12/98

Me to! 450 @ 2.0 volts with some Micron SDRAM. I could kick
myself for buying a 300 MHz PII for $500 in March.

By the way, what is the best temp monitor program?

Thanks,
Paul

Ted Perlman

Dec 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/12/98
<I just wanted to report another happy celery over clocker>

This place is starting to sound like Richard Simmon's testimonial
infomercials. Ychhh! Imagine if everybody who had a computer that worked
properly posted in a similar way.....

"Hi guys! Gee, gosh, guess what y'all!! My computer turned on today!! Thanks
to all the guys who told me to plug it in. Boy, when I think of all the time
I wasted trying to get it to work without power.....Golly!!!! It's been
working for a whole day now!! I just can't tell you how (sob...sob..) happy
I am (sob...sob...). I love you guys.....I really LOVE you guys."

Love,

Marvin Sniddlefuckwad

Hurl.....hurl.....barf......barf........

Ted Perlman

Phineas Hensahw

Dec 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/12/98
Well it is good to hear somthing positive every once in a while among all of
the bitchin, moaning, and brain pickin.

Phineas

Stephen Young

Dec 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/12/98

Ted Perlman wrote:

> <I just wanted to report another happy celery over clocker>
>
> This place is starting to sound like Richard Simmon's testimonial
> infomercials. Ychhh! Imagine if everybody who had a computer that worked
> properly posted in a similar way.....
>
> "Hi guys! Gee, gosh, guess what y'all!! My computer turned on today!! Thanks
> to all the guys who told me to plug it in. Boy, when I think of all the time
> I wasted trying to get it to work without power.....Golly!!!! It's been
> working for a whole day now!! I just can't tell you how (sob...sob..) happy
> I am (sob...sob...). I love you guys.....I really LOVE you guys."
>
> Love,
>
> Marvin Sniddlefuckwad
>
> Hurl.....hurl.....barf......barf........
>
> Ted Perlman

Ted,

Even though I'm a mere 3 days from buying a celery system myself, I have to say,
this was one of your all time best posts on the topic. Made me laugh first
thing in the morning... which isn't easy to do.

Regards,

Stephen

Pete

Dec 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/12/98
Oooooohhhh, come on now, Ted. I was having such a nice day until you decided to
rain on my parade. Actually, I just turned on the gooey sugar on that last post
cause I was wondering what kind of reply you would leave. Tootle-ee-dooo...

Bob Ganon

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
Ted Perlman wrote:

> <I just wanted to report another happy celery over clocker>
>
> This place is starting to sound like Richard Simmon's testimonial
> infomercials. Ychhh! Imagine if everybody who had a computer that worked
> properly posted in a similar way.....
>
> "Hi guys! Gee, gosh, guess what y'all!! My computer turned on today!! Thanks
> to all the guys who told me to plug it in. Boy, when I think of all the time
> I wasted trying to get it to work without power.....Golly!!!! It's been
> working for a whole day now!! I just can't tell you how (sob...sob..) happy
> I am (sob...sob...). I love you guys.....I really LOVE you guys."
>
> Love,
>
> Marvin Sniddlefuckwad
>
> Hurl.....hurl.....barf......barf........
>
> Ted Perlman
Well....I have to admit !! I'm ashamed to have put my new computer
together
(cel 450 128Memory and other good stuff) for only $900. (I already
had the
17" monitor). Mr. Perlman is right! I just can't live with this
guilt!!!
I'm throwing this computer into the garbage can...and then going to
Sears to
buy a legimate Compaq Presario 450MH, 128 memory stick and all that good
stuff for
$2,900. And probably spend another $200 for the "extra warranty" so I
can feel
secure. :) Then I won't feel like "upchucking." :)

Pete

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
The only temperature monitoring program that I've heard of it is called
waterfall. I'm not using anything.

"Paul A. Layman" wrote:

> Me to! 450 @ 2.0 volts with some Micron SDRAM. I could kick
> myself for buying a 300 MHz PII for $500 in March.
>
> By the way, what is the best temp monitor program?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> Pete wrote:
> >

> > Hello all. I just wanted to report another happy celery over clocker.

Haniel Trisna

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
ditto.
I'm going to the confession booth first thing in the morning, and get rid of my
celery lusts.

Haniel Trisna
Indonesian Full Gospel Fellowship Church Houston
Music Ministry
han...@ifgf.org

Bob Ganon wrote:

fwc

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
Paul A. Layman wrote:

> Me to! 450 @ 2.0 volts with some Micron SDRAM. I could kick
> myself for buying a 300 MHz PII for $500 in March.
>
> By the way, what is the best temp monitor program?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

FREEWARE - Mother Board Monitor
Displays in systray if you want. Configurable, displays voltages,fan
speeds etc.
http://www.euronet.nl/users/darkside/mbmonitor/

Where is waterfall availabel from?

Good Luck
floyd

Paul Harker

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
I've decided to go vegetarian and put together a celery system. I am going
to name mine "The Perlman" in honor of this newsgroup.

Paul

Pete <ru...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ted Perlman

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

<I am going to name mine "The Perlman" >

When it dies, make sure you bury it under the name "Leoni Richardson,
Attorney At Law".

Ted Perlman

pete leoni

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
I really like this idea of calling and overclocked Celery system a
"Perlman" We have long needed a nickname for the unwieldy "Celeron 300 A
overclocked to 450" mouthful. The "Perlman" sounds damn good to me,
concise, descriptive, and a big plus is that Ted will finally get the
attention that he so badly craves.

All in favor say Aye.

pete

pete leoni

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
Y'all don't really need that cooling program, but there is a mobo monitor
program called H-monitor available as shareware.
Be aware these programs aren't measuring CPU temp, they are measuring MOBO
temp. As with any system, just make sure your case is well ventilated and
forget it.

pete

fwc <the_...@hotmail.com> wrote in article <367504...@hotmail.com>...

Brian Peet

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
Aye. I may even go so far as to name all my hard drives after Mr. Perlman.
I'm already working on a song.

woo-hoo!

--
Brian Peet
clanDestin Mountain Ranch

pete leoni <demo...@datasync.com> wrote in article
<01be277f$20519560$ce5b...@Pdemotech.ametro.net>...

Bruce A. Richardson

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
My Perlman is kicking some serious butt.

--
Bruce A. Richardson
Purple Iguana Productions

Eric Deibler

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
Aye!! Just got the mobo and cpu for my Perlman today!!
Eric

pete leoni

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
Well I guess I must have the oldest Perlman in the group. I thought I'd
just report that my Perlman is still working flawlessly.

pete

Eric Deibler <edei...@cub.kcnet.org> wrote in article
<367564F1...@cub.kcnet.org>...

Bob Chapman

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

pete leoni <demo...@datasync.com> wrote in message

>Well I guess I must have the oldest Perlman in the group. I thought I'd
>just report that my Perlman is still working flawlessly.

Anybody using a Perlman Plus?
(4.5x112= 504 mhz)

pete leoni

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
Any Celeron A speed over 450 is not stable and therefore does not qualify
as a
Perlman (Hmmmmm, Nah.. I'll let that one go, it's too obvious) To qualify
as a
Perlman you must be within the "Roll Your Own" spec, AKA "the P spec"
To re-iterate the P-spec:

Celeron A @ 4.5 X 100,
ABIT BH6.
Maxtor 2880, 3400 or 4320 series hard
drives.

pete

Bob Chapman <b...@artisan.win.net> wrote in article
<753t4s$4...@hope.harvard.net>...

> (4.5x112= 504 Mhz)

Bob Chapman <b...@artisan.win.net> wrote in article
<753t4s$4...@hope.harvard.net>...

Tom Greb

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
I Object!

I actually pulled a real P2-300 and installed
a Celeron @ 450 on my P2B.

That should at least qualify for an honorable mention - if not
meeting the full blown Pearlman spec!!!!

Best,

Tom

(why do I get the feeling someone is making a list of this thread's participants?)

pete leoni

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
That is a "partial Perlman" You will not be impeached, only censured.

pete

Tom Greb <ti...@pop.fast.net> wrote in article
<36758CF2...@pop.fast.net>...

Lamar Duffy

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
Bob Chapman wrote in message <753t4s$4...@hope.harvard.net>...

>Anybody using a Perlman Plus?
>(4.5x112= 504 mhz)

My brother is running a Perlman Plus; had to bump the voltage up from 2.0 to
2.1 to make it stable.

Stable Perlman?

Lamar

David Krajewski

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

> Aye.My Perlman was the best investment I have ever made. Has anybody come
> up with the Ted Perlman Screen Saver??

Bob Chapman

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

Tom Greb <ti...@pop.fast.net> wrote in message

>I Object!
>I actually pulled a real P2-300 and installed
>a Celeron @ 450 on my P2B.
>That should at least qualify for an honorable mention - if not
>meeting the full blown Pearlman spec!!!!
>
>Tom
>
>(why do I get the feeling someone is making a list of this thread's
participants?)

Hmmm...making a list?
Checking it twice?

Okay hit it !!!
....to the tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"

You better not Burn, you better not Fry,
Your brand new Celery is clocked too High.
Overclock Santa Police are coming to town.

They know when you've been tweaking,
You've set your voltage up too high,
Your CPU is smoking!
And your fans can't handle that!...BOOM

You better not squirm, You better not Cry,
When your brand new Celery is about to Die.
Overclock Santa Police are coming to town.

They know when you have Overclocked,
They can tell cause your case is way too Hot,
You better stick with your Bus and Clock,
Or you'll surely have a System Lock......

Well..................
You better not Try, You better not Fry,
A puny little Celeron clocked too high,
Overclocked Santa Police are coming to town.

Ho...Ho...Ho!!!
Merry Celeron!

Ted Perlman

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
<full blown Pearlman spec!!!!>

P-E-R, not P-E-A-R......

Thank you.

Ted Perlman
Father Of The Celeron/Cakewalk System.
Preparing to disown all you psycho maniacs......<g>

Ted Perlman

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
<Overclock Santa Police are coming to town.>

ROFLOL!

You're wasting your time in the music business. You should be out here in LA
writing for TV shows.

Peace,

Ted Perlman

pete leoni

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
I take it you have not yet made the wise and inevitable purchase of your
very own high speed "Celeron Perlman" ? Not owning one is the only possible
way to remain critical. It's like a baby's first breath of air, once you've
had it you can't do without it. Give in, build yourself a real Celeron
Perlman. Resistance is futile.

pete

Bob Chapman <b...@artisan.win.net> wrote in article

> A puny little Celeron clocked too high,

> Overclocked Santa Police are coming to town.
>
> Ho...Ho...Ho!!!
> Merry Celeron!

Dan O'Rourke

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
pete leoni wrote:

Resistance is futile.

isn't that a borg warner <g>

Bob Chapman

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98

>I take it you have not yet made the wise and inevitable purchase of your
>very own high speed "Celeron Perlman" ? Not owning one is the only possible
>way to remain critical. It's like a baby's first breath of air, once you've
>had it you can't do without it. Give in, build yourself a real Celeron
>Perlman. Resistance is futile.
>
>pete

Oh no...I have been assimilated...already done it!
It's running great too! I just couldn't resist the Santa
spoof. <g>

Also one question.
I'm looking at my computer here with it's overclocked Celery and was
wondering:
Is it normal for smoke to be coming out of the air vents? Just curious! <g>

Marc Miller

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98

Hoo boy! Haven't had that good a chuckle since I let my subscription
to MAD Magazine lapse.

Thanks Bob !

What me Celeron?

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk ;>

Paul Harker

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
As the parts for my Perlman make their way from all corners of the country,
I have a few questions for the Perlman-enabled out there --

How did you partition your hard drive?
Why?
Any dual boot systems?

Any hints for checking out my system? (other than looking for big puffs of
smoke? :-) )

Thanks..

Paul

Haniel Trisna

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98

> How did you partition your hard drive?

700 Mb of the primary UDMA Maxtor ide for system, the rest for storage
why ? so I can backup my system without affecting the stored datas.

The whole Cheetah for audio
why ? unadulterated audio performance.

checking your system ? try Catena's DskBench at www.prorec.com
see how many tracks you supposed to get.

What kind of system do you have?

Will Clifton

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
I timidly approach being not an audio pro, but just a lowly symphony guy
with one REALLY SCREAMIN' MACHINE!! My Perlman (built to "P" spec) has
been working flawlessly for weeks now. Can I join your group??

pete leoni wrote:

> To qualify
> as a

> Perlman you must be within the "Roll Your Own" spec, AKA "the P spec"

--
Will Clifton
Principal Bassist, Omaha Symphony
wgc...@nfinity.com

Ted Perlman

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
<just a lowly symphony guy ...My Perlman... has been working flawlessly for
weeks now>

Well, my non-Celershit MDM's and computer just recorded four string players
from the symphony today. No crashes, no skips, no problems, no delays. No
"optimize disk", no HD errors, no clicks, and glorious verb from a bunch of
outboard Lexicons.I wish the same results to you in your travels. Good luck.

Ted Perlman

Ted Perlman

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
<other than looking for big puffs of smoke>

Only smoke from this Perlman is from the music.

Ted Perlman

Will Clifton

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Speaking of which, there's a bass opening in the LA Phil just announced
in the IM. Hmmmm...could a guy born from Cincinnati really deal with the
traffic out there???

Ted Perlman

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
<a bass opening in the LA Phil just announced>

You apply, or I'll tell my old bassist friend Eli Magen with the Israeli
Philharmonic. What with Saddam and all, maybe he wants to move here......

Just leave that cheap-ass computer back in Omaha.

Ted Perlman

Tom Greb

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Hi Haniel,

Are you using a U2W adapter with the Cheetah?

I'm using a standard 2940UW with a Cheetah and
getting around 19 MB/sec with DskBench.
(Asus P2B, 300a Celeron at 450, 192MB SDRAM)

I was wondering if the U2W adapter would offer
any throughput performance benefits.

Best Regards,

Tom

Haniel Trisna

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Yes.

I'm not sure about my throughput, but I tested it on cakewalk, and I get
up to 100 tracks playback w no sweat.

Tom Greb wrote:

Catena

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
It won't improve anything in your case.

--
José-María Catena
c...@sesa.es

Tom Greb <ti...@pop.fast.net> wrote in message

367909EE...@pop.fast.net...

pete leoni

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Ted ! Glad to hear you built yourself a Perlman! Congratulations.

pete

Ted Perlman <ted...@pacbell.net> wrote in article
<75a78l$g...@hope.harvard.net>...

pete leoni

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Ted,
Some of us getting 50+ tracks and you are bragging about recording 4
string players. Good grief. My sympathy.

List of tracks from my last project

1.kik
2.snare
3,4,5 toms
6,7 overheads
8&9 Stereo midi mix
10. bass
11,12, Rhythm electric guitar (Roland Jazz Chorus left and right)
13. Distortion rhythm (Mesa Boogie)
14. Strat Lead
15 and 16. Acoustic strum
17. acoustic fills
18. lead vocal
19. harm 1
20. harm 2
21.tamborine

Additional overhead on CPU
2 copies Timeworks 4080L
6 copies Waves EQ
5 copies Hyperprism compressors
1 copy S/F delay.

This session consisted of 5 sides, and lasted for 10 hours. no crashes no
problems, all we did was work our asses off all day long with Cakewalk and
the Perlman.
Enough said.

pete

These systems have no drawbacks get on board while you can. Your pride is
doing you no favors. Anyone can make a mistake Ted. I really would hate to
see you miss the boat here.

Ted Perlman <ted...@pacbell.net> wrote in article

<75a76i$g...@hope.harvard.net>...

> <just a lowly symphony guy ...My Perlman... has been working flawlessly
for
> weeks now>

Neil Meckelborg

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98