New Song - Why Not?

Glennbo

Nov 5, 2017, 12:18:32 AM11/5/17

A new song using my new Audio Technica AT2020 mics on acoustic drums,
featuring Polymod on some hot solos and backing tracks. This one may
eventually be re-released with a different bass. I wrote it for a friend
who just had a Warwick bass converted to fretless, but it's been a couple
weeks now and he still hasn't gotten it back due to dead spots.

Anyway, I'm playing sampled acoustic bass on keys, along with piano, drums,
and guitar. Poly is playing keys, electric keytar, and doing all the hot
solos along with additional backing tracks.

This one is titled "Why Not: at:

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13651637

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

polymod

Nov 6, 2017, 11:49:44 AM11/6/17

"Glennbo" wrote in message

A new song using my new Audio Technica AT2020 mics on acoustic drums,
featuring Polymod on some hot solos and backing tracks. This one may
eventually be re-released with a different bass. I wrote it for a friend
who just had a Warwick bass converted to fretless, but it's been a couple
weeks now and he still hasn't gotten it back due to dead spots.

Anyway, I'm playing sampled acoustic bass on keys, along with piano, drums,
and guitar. Poly is playing keys, electric keytar, and doing all the hot
solos along with additional backing tracks.

This one is titled "Why Not: at:

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13651637

Posted this on my Farcebook page. Dave Modisette dug it and said to say
"hi".

Hi!

;-)
Poly

---

polymod

polymod

Nov 7, 2017, 6:34:32 AM11/7/17

"Glennbo" wrote in message

In news:otq3r5$pse$2...@gioia.aioe.org the killer robot "polymod"
<pol...@optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> A new song using my new Audio Technica AT2020 mics on acoustic drums,
> featuring Polymod on some hot solos and backing tracks. This one may
> eventually be re-released with a different bass. I wrote it for a
> friend who just had a Warwick bass converted to fretless, but it's
> been a couple weeks now and he still hasn't gotten it back due to dead
> spots.
>
> Anyway, I'm playing sampled acoustic bass on keys, along with piano,
> drums, and guitar. Poly is playing keys, electric keytar, and doing
> all the hot solos along with additional backing tracks.
>
> This one is titled "Why Not: at:
>
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13651637
>

> Posted this on my Farcebook page. Dave Modisette dug it and said to
> say "hi".
>
> Hi!
>
> ;-)

Veddy cool! I was thinking about Dave just the other day wondering what he
was up to these days. Tell him I said "Hi" back.

Also, how is your Farcebook page listed? I did a search for it a couple
times, but never found it. I have a *fake* page there with zero pictures,
zero text, and nothing else, that I created using a throw away email
account, so I can log in and see what other folks I know have going on.

Hmmm...it's listed under my real name!
I'll tell Dave you said hi
:-)

polymod

Nov 7, 2017, 10:46:46 AM11/7/17

"Glennbo" wrote in message

In news:ots5o6$l69$1...@gioia.aioe.org the killer robot "polymod"
Interestingly, when searching for your name plus Farcebook, your page does
NOT come up in any of the search engines, but some folks with the same name
who are located in other places across the globe, like the Philippines do.

I logged into Farcebook with my fake page and your page is the first one
that comes up when searching for your name. I try as much as possible NOT
to log in there, but some stuff seems to just not exist unless you do. :-/

Yea, that's pretty strange about the search. And I did see the guy from
Philippines with the same name.
I found a guy with the same last name that lives in New Jersey. When he
posted a pic of his Dad, I just knew we were related because he looked just
like my Dad.

polymod

Nov 8, 2017, 6:26:40 AM11/8/17

"Glennbo" wrote in message

In news:otskh3$1mmd$1...@gioia.aioe.org the killer robot "polymod"
There was another one that just had a picture of a cat, and I was pretty
sure that one wasn't you either. ;)

> I found a guy with the same last name that lives in New Jersey. When
> he posted a pic of his Dad, I just knew we were related because he
> looked just like my Dad.

That's cool. Did you contact them? My wife had a similar experience and
ended up metting a cousin she didn't know she had.

Oh yea. We're now Facebook friends and I call him cousin<g>

John Braner

Nov 8, 2017, 7:07:26 AM11/8/17
On 05/11/2017 04:18, Glennbo wrote:
> A new song using my new Audio Technica AT2020 mics on acoustic drums,
> featuring Polymod on some hot solos and backing tracks. This one may
> eventually be re-released with a different bass. I wrote it for a friend
> who just had a Warwick bass converted to fretless, but it's been a couple
> weeks now and he still hasn't gotten it back due to dead spots.
>
> Anyway, I'm playing sampled acoustic bass on keys, along with piano, drums,
> and guitar. Poly is playing keys, electric keytar, and doing all the hot
> solos along with additional backing tracks.
>
> This one is titled "Why Not: at:
>
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13651637

This is different - very jazzy ;-)
Who's playing "sax"? Is that just a keyboard brass sound?

anyway - it sounds good! ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

Glennbo

Nov 8, 2017, 1:09:11 PM11/8/17
In news:otus1u$f0u$1...@news.albasani.net the killer robot John Braner
<m...@myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
and pressed these buttons...

>> A new song using my new Audio Technica AT2020 mics on acoustic drums,
>> featuring Polymod on some hot solos and backing tracks. This one may
>> eventually be re-released with a different bass. I wrote it for a
>> friend who just had a Warwick bass converted to fretless, but it's
>> been a couple weeks now and he still hasn't gotten it back due to
>> dead spots.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm playing sampled acoustic bass on keys, along with piano,
>> drums, and guitar. Poly is playing keys, electric keytar, and doing
>> all the hot solos along with additional backing tracks.
>>
>> This one is titled "Why Not: at:
>>
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13651637
>>

> This is different - very jazzy ;-)

Next thing you know, I'll be writing a country & western song ... NOT! ;)

> Who's playing "sax"? Is that just a keyboard brass sound?

That's Poly and the sound is both a sax and electric piano. Smoking solo!

> anyway - it sounds good! ;-)

Thanks John. I played jazz like that in school jazz band, and my dad was a
big band jazz saxophonist, so even though at heart I am a rock-n-roller, I
still love jazz and jazz/rock.

Glennbo

Jan 7, 2018, 9:57:00 PM1/7/18
In news:XnsA823ED0E782BFBr...@85.214.115.223 the killer
robot Glennbo <vdrumsYourHe...@cox.net> grabbed the controls
of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> A new song using my new Audio Technica AT2020 mics on acoustic drums,
> featuring Polymod on some hot solos and backing tracks. This one may
> eventually be re-released with a different bass. I wrote it for a
> friend who just had a Warwick bass converted to fretless, but it's
> been a couple weeks now and he still hasn't gotten it back due to dead
> spots.

Craig finally got his bass back and is happy with it.

So here's the song again with him on his now fretless bass.

Max Arwood

Jan 27, 2018, 9:21:04 PM1/27/18
Pretty killer mixed lately!!

Max Arwood

"Glennbo" wrote in message
> [...]

Glennbo

Jan 28, 2018, 9:49:32 AM1/28/18
In news:p4jc2e$364$1...@dont-email.me the killer robot "Max Arwood"
<ma...@spamarwoods.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> Pretty killer mixed lately!!

Thanks Max! :-)

I originally wrote that one for a bass player friend to use his Warwick
bass that was just converted to fretless, but it took him so long to get
the bass back that I released a version with me playing sampled upright
bass two months ago. He finally got the bass back, and the version you
heard was the new one with the bass I had always intended the song to use.

Max Arwood

Feb 9, 2018, 6:57:48 PM2/9/18
Well that Warwick sounded great. Did you use the same technic on this as
you did on BlockChain?

Max Arwood

"Glennbo" wrote in message

Glennbo

Feb 9, 2018, 7:23:22 PM2/9/18
In news:p5lchq$od2$1...@dont-email.me the killer robot "Max Arwood"
<ma...@spamarwoods.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> Well that Warwick sounded great. Did you use the same technic on this
> as you did on BlockChain?

Craig's Warwick was run through the same bass amp modeling pedal and used
the same amp and speaker model as I used on BlockChain. It's a model of an
SWR amp with an eight 10" speaker cab model. Only the bass was different.
The bass I used on BlockChain was my OLP Stingray 5-String, Craig's Warwick
is a 5-String like this one, but he had the frets pulled and filled.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Warwick/Star-II-Electric-Bass-Guitar.gc

Drums are the same on both songs, except I went for a more open jazz club
sound on Why Not, and a more focused jazz/rock sound on BlockChain.

Max Arwood

Feb 10, 2018, 9:37:05 AM2/10/18
So you only used the model of the SWR amp No other plugins?

Max Arwood

"Glennbo" wrote in message

Glennbo

Feb 10, 2018, 2:02:07 PM2/10/18
In news:p5n02g$no5$1...@dont-email.me the killer robot "Max Arwood"
<ma...@spamarwoods.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> So you only used the model of the SWR amp No other plugins?

There were a bunch of FX in the DAW on Craig's bass on this song.

I used the following additional FX chain inside of Reaper.

Guitar Rig on the Bass Pro amp to add a bit more growl, ReaEQ, DBX160,
ReaComp, and W1 limiter.

The FX Chain I used on my OLP bass on BlockChain was the following.

ReaEQ, DBX160, ReaXcomp, W1 limiter. Biggest difference there being the
Guitar Rig on Craig's Warwick bass for more growl. I didn't really use any
bass, mid, treble there, but gave it a nudge in the drive.

Max Arwood

Mar 11, 2018, 8:19:08 PM3/11/18
Yes. Nice FX Chain.
Max