Ted Perlman. Opinions?

musicfool

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
I've been wondering why everyone was doging Ted Pearlman. I almost wrote a
post defending the guy. Then I read his "welcome please read this" post
below. OH MY GOD, THIS GUYS IS MENTAL! A post like this proves that he has
no respect for anyone else here at this forum.

I'll respond to some of his insane rantings:
"Greg Hendershott, the CEO of Cakewalk, is a liar and cheapskate. He owes me
a copy of Cakewalk 9 and has steadfastly refused to send it to me."
No one owes you a damn thing Ted. Your daddy should have tought you that by
the time you were 2 years old. Greg Hentershott, the CEO of Cakewalk has
better things to do than to worry about your snotty ass. And after your post
I hope he not only refuses to send you your copy of Cakewalk, but I hope he
puts a picture of you on all future Cakewalk boxes with the quote "Do not
sell this product to the man pictured here"

"I have been a professional in the music and record business for many years
now, continuously on a high level. I have kissed the ass of many important
people and even though I walk around like my shit doesn't stink, I'm too
damn cheap to pay for a copy of Cakewalk yadda yadda yadda..."
MY GOD! Ted is that dude that always gets his ass kicked by Ralph Machio at
the end of those Karate movies. If I ever ran into Ted in the Mall or
something, I think I'd have to Ralph Machio all over his dumb ass.
Seriously, this is the most bloated, discusting thread I've read in any
newsgroup EVER!
If Ted is such a "professional" with so many supposed accomplishments and
victorys, why doesnt he have any CLASS? Why can't he act like a gentleman?
Why can't he purchase a copy of Cakewalk like us hard working individuals
that have to eat romen noodles and wear mix matched socks for 3 months to be
able to purchase the product?
Ted, despite the fact that you signed up to be a beta tester, I don't think
Cakewalk "OWES" you anything. But you do OWE the newsgroup members
something. You owe them an apology for your insane idiotic ramblings and you
owe them a little respect. You can show them this respect by not posting
this kind of crap on the forum. It doesn't do you or anyone else any good.
Now you can go ahead and respond to my writings in your usual vulger and
classless way. I don't care because I won't be reading them.

Thanks...

If someone thinks I'm wrong or out of line, just let me know.

David Abraham Fenton

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
hey "musicfool", it's not worth it, this has beeng going on for years -
although it's gotten more intense of late.
try to ignore it and take advantage of the true value of this NG:
passionate, knowledgeable people

-david

musicfool <musi...@softhome.net> wrote in message

Mitch Brink

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
musicfool wrote:

> OH MY GOD, THIS GUYS IS MENTAL!

You need to chill, and catch the gist of Ted's humor. That's all.
It's not a big deal, unless you let it be.

It's simple tongue-in-cheek.

Mitch Brink, Composer/ Sound Designer
E-mail: mi...@mbsoundworks.com
WWW: http://www.mbsoundworks.com

Eric Deibler

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
Oh, man! You've done it now! Ted's gonna be all over your ass like the toilet
paper in a national park when you dump a wet one! May God have mercy on your
soul.
eric
<GGG>

Eric Deibler

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00

Mitch Brink wrote:

> You need to chill, and catch the gist of Ted's humor. That's all.
> It's not a big deal, unless you let it be.
>
> It's simple tongue-in-cheek.

Two very important questions:
1) Who's toungue?
2) Who's cheek?
<g>
eric

Dave Hallock

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
Hi Mitch

I think you are wrong on this one man. No one could spew that much
venom unless they were full of it!!

Dave Hallock

Two of a Twisted Pair

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 22:37:32 -0500, Mitch Brink
<mi...@mbsoundworks.com> wrote:

>musicfool wrote:
>
>> OH MY GOD, THIS GUYS IS MENTAL!

RaulBlack

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
>"Greg Hendershott, the CEO of Cakewalk, is a liar and cheapskate. He owes me
>a copy of Cakewalk 9 and has steadfastly refused to send it to me.

So Ted is eccentric? It takes all types to make the world go round and what we
have here is an honest to goodness society. It's more perfect than the outside
world because there ain't no pigs. Only judges. No one judge is more powerful
than another because there ain't no pigs to enforce their orders. Welcome to
cakewalk.nirvana/hell ! (trumpets and trombones blast a suspensful Captain
Beefheart Trout Mask Replica type sax part over the top of thousands of
miserable and elated voices simultaneously seeking acknowledgement and
validation before their impending death).

I have an idea to straighten this all out and get back to the business of
making music. We should make some Ted Dolls and sell them for $12.95 a piece.
All you guys that hate Ted can sit at home and use it as a voodoo doll. . Just
think you could have your very own miniature Ted doll to torture and abuse. Of
course a portion of the sales would have to go to Ted.in the form of a dollar
for every doll sold going into the Ted cakewalk fund.(millions of Ted dolls now
strewn across the country in guillotines, nooses etc. while viciously intense
and original music from countless talented musician DAW engineers plays in the
foreground. Ted has several hundred thousand copies of cakewalk 9).

Or then again if people supposedly hate him so much they could just put him in
their kill filter.

Lets face it. We are either lazy or deep down we like Ted.

Raul Black

SG

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
This jackass has been haunting the Cakewalk group for the longest time. I
stopped coming here because of all the shit he disturbed. If you ignore
him, he goes away. The guy has no life and is one of the biggest idiots
I've seen on line.

By the way, my name for him was "tourette (syndrome) ted).

My advice? Don't waste your time. The guy loves the attention - don't give
it to him.

"musicfool" <musi...@softhome.net> wrote in message
> I've been wondering why everyone was doging Ted Pearlman. I almost wrote a
> post defending the guy. Then I read his "welcome please read this" post
> below. OH MY GOD, THIS GUYS IS MENTAL! A post like this proves that he has
> no respect for anyone else here at this forum.
>
> I'll respond to some of his insane rantings:

> "Greg Hendershott, the CEO of Cakewalk, is a liar and cheapskate. He owes
me
> a copy of Cakewalk 9 and has steadfastly refused to send it to me."

AndyDF

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
Am I the only one here who ever got Ted to say 'Thanks a bunch"?
Check out my post "Roland S-550" down below and you'll be amazed to see how
nice Ted can be.
BTW is this news.cakewalk.com or is it shit.tedperlman.com. ?!!
I agree on the fact that the guy has been out of line and I don't want to
take his defense, but boy apparentely he's not the only one here who's got
no life...

Just a thought.

--
----
Kind regards

Andy De Filippo
bass...@hotmail.com

Phil Elliott

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
Hi Group,

Here's a thought. A lot of us have wasted newsgroup space telling him where
to get off (me included, I admit it). Let's keep it off the group; instead,
why don't we turn our energies to something more positive? Instead of biting
him within the group, I thought I might write a song for him, possibly about
him, using Cake PA9.02. I think each one of us should do this, then that
would make a pretty nice tribute album, don't you think?

The best part is that we could each E-mail him with an MP3 of our efforts so
that he can offer his (professional) critique; moreso to provide him with
well over 100Mb of downloadable listening pleasure. If we all agree a date
and time to 'deliver the masters' (<g>) then he should be able to download
it all in one chunk. If we make him executive producer of the project, if he
needs to discuss remixing required, I'm sure we make several mixes of each
track at a later date (again to be agreed)?!

I honestly think this is the best way to show him what we're all here for,
and to make the guy feel welcome again!

Think positive,
Phil

Phil Elliott

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
And on that *lighthearted* note (choose humour if you have to vent
frustration), that is the last I speak of the matter.

Peace,
Phil.

Shane

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
Thats the best explination of these people I've ever heard...

nzo

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Ted is an energy sponge. One of the tactics of an energy sponge is to drop a
turd on the path, then stand back and soak up the responses of folks as they
slip in it, trip over it, argue about whether it smells or not, try to
rescue it, excuse it, scrape it into a paper bag and complain about it etc.

One of the reasons people are energy sponges is that they do not know how to
generate AUTHENTIC energy within themselves. Someone who DOES know how has
no need or inclination to grab at other people's energy.

When you stop feeding energy sponges they tend to go elsewhere, or wait
until things quieten down too much for their comfort - then drop another
turd.

Look at what happens: Ted posts a turd. Lots of folks then feed him with
rolling, but usually it only needs one post.

He knows there are always plenty of suckers to take the bait again.

From what I've observed, there are usually one or two energy sponges on
every NG.

nzo

Ted Perlman

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
<You owe them an apology for your insane idiotic ramblings and you owe them
a little respect>

Dear Cakewalk:

I'm sorry.
And I give you much respect.

But I hate your CEO, Greg Hendershott.

What a predicament.

Errr, I take back the "sorry" part.

Send me my disk.

Peace,

Ted Perlman

Ted Perlman

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
<passionate, knowledgeable people>

Hmm. that sounds like me.

How can I help?

Cool, if you need me I'm here for you.

I hate Greg.

Peace,

Ted Perlman

Bob

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Ted is what makes this NG interesting. It gets boring on here then Ted comes
along and stirs things up, creates a little controversy and generates
discussion. And everyone knows who Ted is - pretty slick if you ask me.

Bob

Dennis Patterson

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
He's the same jackass that gave me good advice when I had a question he thought
he could help with. And usually has a sense of humor, where's yours?
Thanks for your help in the past Ted.
Dennis Patterson

SG wrote:

> > something. You owe them an apology for your insane idiotic ramblings and
> you

Ted Perlman

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
<Thanks for your help in the past Ted.>

And in the future, if you ever need it.

Ted Perlman

James C. Franklin

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00

Woofy wrote in message <8EED656...@167.216.249.216>...

>I think he believes that either:
>
>A. His continual posting of "where's my copy of Cakewalk" is going to
>eventually get him a copy. or
>

>B. His attacks on the people who work for Cakewalk, will eventually cause
>their company's demise, due to a bad rap, and loss of revenues.

I think Ted believes neither.

I think Ted is or was genuinely pissed off about not getting his copy of
CW9. I also think, like Rob and Mitch, Ted likes to yank chains. Being
pissed off Ted is going to yank chains. Ted seems like an intelligent
person, and by this time he's probably figured he's not going to get his
copy of CW9.

Ted actually believes in the potential of Cakewalk. What he says about CW
and what he says about Greg Hendershott are two different things.

-- James Franklin

Ted Perlman

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
<Ted actually believes in the potential of Cakewalk. What he says about CW
and what he says about Greg Hendershott are two different things.>

Yes, yes, yes. You are an intelligent man, and I commend you for
understanding the situation exactly for what it is. I have been a Cakewalk
user since 1990, so that does give me a unique insight into the product.
Having fought the good fight against all clients who laughed at me for using
both a PC and a supposedly amateur software.

Ted Perlman

Rick West

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Ted,
I always assumed any useful product whether considered amateur by the
general music community or not, was only an amateur product in the hands of
an amateur user, and became professional in the hands of a professional. So
I assume you told those clients to go fuck themselves? My questions to you,
as I've been using Cakewalk since 1990 also, are, since it was strictly midi
back then and DOS at that, what recording hardware were you using back then,
and did you migrate early on ( to Cakewalks wonderfully buggy early audio
attempts) or later, and what are you using now, audio hardware and software
products, since it obviously is no longer Cakewalk? Yes I'm trying to be
civil , please try to reciprocate as these are legitimate questions and I am
curious. Take a deep breath, put down the pyrotechnic device and give us
some insight to the artistic side of Ted Perlman.
rw

"Ted Perlman" <ted...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Rick West

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
Ted,
Thanks for your kind reply, I realize your are much busier than you
should be, just a couple more questions as your response was so inspiring
and I want to finish assembling the final pieces of my Ted Perlman Studio
Hit Kit. When you say "X-15 for tracking" was that the jet or that fostex
thing, and "DR-20 makes the vocals set just right in the mix" was that the
Roland mic or the Troy Built Rota-Tiller? Also " a Sears silvertone is my
main ax" would I find that in tools department ? or Big boys tiny toys?
Bless you, keep up the fine work "taunting the little people", or is that
peep hole, they will let you back in someday, we'll keep your eye out for
you.
rw4u2watEver

"Rick West" <rick...@hotmail.com> wrote in message