Matlab stops working while loading solver

SAV

Jul 4, 2016, 7:18:08 AM7/4/16
to Caffe Users
When i am executing
solver = caffe.Solver('./models/bvlc_reference_caffenet/solver.prototxt');
matlab stops working

I am uses this tutorial to work with this
http://caffe.berkeleyvision.org/tutorial/interfaces.html#matlab
Please help me to resolve this.

Ahmed Ibrahim

Jul 5, 2016, 10:57:22 AM7/5/16
to Caffe Users
if there is any problem on caffe side (out of memory , problem in any prototxt file , ..) matlab will not catch the error and display it to you , it will just crash.
run matlab from a command line and after it crashes check the error message in the consol

SAV

Jul 11, 2016, 5:41:06 AM7/11/16
to Caffe Users
I try with command prompt (DOS) but getting the following error, i am trying to use my own dataset for the same. Please help for this.
error.png

Ahmed Ibrahim

Jul 11, 2016, 12:10:32 PM7/11/16
to SAV, Caffe Users
have you modified the solver file ? would you please provide it.

Ahmed Ibrahim
PhD Student , Virginia Tech.
Electrical and Computer Engineering

Ahmed Ibrahim

Jul 12, 2016, 10:15:15 AM7/12/16
to Caffe Users
try to use / instead of \ in your solver

SAV

Jul 13, 2016, 3:15:20 AM7/13/16
to Caffe Users
Thanks for this, it started execution but error is :

[libprotobuf ERROR ..\src\google\protobuf\text_format.cc:274] Error parsing text
-format caffe.NetParameter: 24:18: Expected eight hex digits up to 10ffff for \U
 escape sequence

I have attached snapshot of the same.
error3.png

SAV