Was fcn-alexnet-pascal.caffemodel trained on PASCAL VOC?

Greg Heinrich

Jul 28, 2016, 11:59:10 AM7/28/16
to Caffe Users
Hello,
I am sorry I couldn't find the answer in the forum. I am wondering if http://dl.caffe.berkeleyvision.org/fcn-alexnet-pascal.caffemodel from fcn.berkeleyvision.org had been trained on PASCAL VOC 2011 or whether this is "just" the standard Alexnet from e.g. https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/tree/rc3/models/bvlc_alexnet with the extra net surgery to transplant weights from layers fc6 and fc7 into their conv layer counterparts in the corresponding FCN model?

I hope the questions makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Evan Shelhamer

Jul 29, 2016, 9:04:49 PM7/29/16
to Greg Heinrich, Caffe Users
It was fine-tuned from ILSVRC pre-training for semantic segmentation on PASCAL VOC (and its SBD extension) as described in the linked papers at fcn.berkeleyvision.org.

Evan Shelhamer

Greg Heinrich

Aug 1, 2016, 3:17:46 AM8/1/16
to Caffe Users, gregory....@gmail.com
Thank you.

linzertling

Aug 2, 2016, 6:47:36 AM8/2/16
to Caffe Users, gregory....@gmail.com
Hi,
    As we know, fcn is fine-tuned from vgg. But I found that in fc6 and fc7 layers, fcn has the same name with vgg and they have different types(conv and fc). How does it works?

在 2016年7月30日星期六 UTC+8上午9:04:49,Evan Shelhamer写道:

Greg Heinrich

Aug 2, 2016, 4:43:06 PM8/2/16
to Caffe Users, gregory....@gmail.com