Help on Caffe python wrapper in Container

Paul Loo

Jun 26, 2017, 12:51:27 PM6/26/17
to Caffe Users

Hi Group member,

I am using Segnet to train the model following the procedures mentioned in "Get started with segnet" link below.

http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/projects/segnet/tutorial.html

However, after submitting the job, I got the following errors.

image

According to the instruction,  It says "To install SegNet, please follow the Caffe installation instructions here. Make sure you also compile Caffe's python wrapper"

Below is the steps I have done to build up the segnet caffe environment:

I built an image from the docker file through the following link.

https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/blob/master/docker/gpu/Dockerfile

After that , I ran a container from the built image,

My question would be if I miss anything mentioned above for "compile Caffe's python wrapper". If so, please advice me what do I need to do for the Caffe container. Thank you very much! Any suggestion is welcome!

Jonathan R. Williford

Jun 27, 2017, 4:57:34 PM6/27/17
to Paul Loo, Caffe Users
You have to install their modified version of Caffe, which is here:

The Dockerfile doesn't work because it install the unmodified Caffe from BVLC.

Jonathan

water

Jun 27, 2017, 6:03:42 PM6/27/17
to Jonathan R. Williford, Caffe Users
Jonathan, Thank you very much for your answer.
Could I clone everything from https://github.com/alexgkendall/caffe-segnet and overwrite them to the files in /opt/caffe?

After that, I suppose that I could compile caffe under /opt/caffe?

Please let me know if this approach is feasible or I have to build the modified Segnet caffe environment from scratch.

Best regards,
Peter

Jonathan R. Williford

Jun 28, 2017, 3:38:23 AM6/28/17
to water, Caffe Users
You have to build the modified Segnet caffe from scratch.

What OS are you using?

Cheers,
Jonathan

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 12:03 AM, water <waterl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Jonathan, Thank you very much for your answer.
Could I clone everything from https://github.com/alexgkendall/caffe-segnet and overwrite them to the files in /opt/caffe?

After that, I suppose that I could compile caffe under /opt/caffe?

Please let me know if this approach is feasible or I have to build the modified Segnet caffe environment from scratch.

Best regards,
Peter

water

Jun 28, 2017, 9:29:51 AM6/28/17
to Jonathan R. Williford, Caffe Users
I am using ubuntu14.04.

I am pulling the image from the following link for 7.0-cudnn2-devel-ubuntu14.04

and use the following BVLC/caffe dockerfile to build Segnet.

Could you please let me know what is your way of building Segent? Thanks.

Best regards,
Peter