Is it possible to train Resnet-50/Resnet-110 in TitanX Pascal 12GB?

john1...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2016, 3:44:10 AM12/22/16
to Caffe Users
Hello all, I am using ResNet-50 and Titan X pascal 12GB. I would like to know is it possible to train the network in the GPU card? I means the GPU memory. Thank all

Hieu Do Trung

Dec 22, 2016, 8:59:00 PM12/22/16
to Caffe Users
I can train ResNet-50 on my GTX-960 with only 4GB of VRAM, using batch size of 8, so you absolutely can train it on GTX Titan X with 12GB.
As for ResNet-110 I'm not sure, but given the above number (batch size of 8 on 4GB GPU), I guess you can train ResNet-110 on a 12GB GPU.

Johnson Mark

Dec 23, 2016, 1:49:10 AM12/23/16
to Caffe Users
Thanks Hieu.
Is possible to share your training Resnet-50?
Best Regards,
John

Vào 10:59:00 UTC+9 Thứ Sáu, ngày 23 tháng 12 năm 2016, Hieu Do Trung đã viết:

Hieu Do Trung

Dec 23, 2016, 5:07:04 AM12/23/16
to Caffe Users
Sure! These are the files that some guys created and I just modified it a bit.

In the train_val-resnet50-template.prototxt file, you need to change #train_batch and #test_batch to your desired values (as my GPU only has 4GB, I use 8 and 1, respectively).
Also change the "/train_mean.binaryproto", "/train_lmdb", "/val_mean.binaryproto", "/val_lmdb",  #num_output, and some paths in the solver file to your own values.
deploy-resnet50-template.prototxt
solver-resnet50-template.prototxt
train_val-resnet50-template.prototxt

Rubina Rashid

Jan 19, 2017, 10:37:55 PM1/19/17
to Caffe Users
Hi
Any one help for getting the pretrained Resnet-50 model for finetuning....

Bartosz Ludwiczuk

Jan 20, 2017, 10:03:19 AM1/20/17
to Caffe Users

Z.L

Apr 13, 2017, 11:48:50 AM4/13/17
to Caffe Users
Thank you for your sharing those files. Could you please also share us train batch and step_size, max_iter? By the way, What is your final test accuracy top 1 and top 5?

Zhe