Caffe performance on Jetlson TK1

Pankaj Randhe

Apr 18, 2016, 4:53:38 AM4/18/16
to Caffe Users
Hi...

I seek the little guidance on the problem I am currently facing with performance of Caffe Deep CNN for image classification on Jetson TK1.

My Caffe model is taking approx. 4 secs on ARM cpu and approx 7 secs on Jetson's GPU for forward pass during prediction phase for the batch size of 60K images with dimensions 20*5*5. Here GPU is taking more time than CPU for forward pass. However, I get about 1.2X speedup with the same code on GeForce desktop GPU with 48 cores.

What could be the reason behind this strange behaviour of Jetson TK1?

Ihsan Ullah Khan

Sep 8, 2016, 9:17:53 AM9/8/16
to Caffe Users
Hi Pankaj,
Did you solve the problem?
I am facing the same problem on jetson TX1.
Kindly give me some solution if you solved the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ihsan Ullah

Davide Behr

Sep 23, 2016, 5:15:23 PM9/23/16
to Caffe Users
Hello Ihsan,

I too am interested in the performance of Caffe on TX1, do you have any insights?

Thank you,

Davide

Ihsan Ullah Khan

Sep 26, 2016, 9:33:11 AM9/26/16
to Caffe Users
Hi Davide;
I still trying to solve that problem!
When I test the classification without using Qt Interface its performance is about 500 ms aproxx.
Now a days I am trying to deploy the Faster RCNN on JTX1.
Can you help me to solve this problem.?