finding all instances of an object in an image

Asif Shakeel

Aug 2, 2015, 8:08:49 PM8/2/15
to Caffe Users
Can Caffe be trained to find all the instances of an object in a scene? Or one needs to  trained detector for single object and then scan the image?

Thanks

Axel Angel

Aug 3, 2015, 1:51:55 PM8/3/15
to Caffe Users
The problem you have in mind is the "localisation" and "detection" task which is much harder than the "classification" task. There are multiple ways: training a FCNN, use segmentation then process it; or training a classifier CNN and find a way to detect interesting spot "region of interest" or try all patches and classify it. That's all I know, anyone should feel free to correct what I said.

Evan Shelhamer

Aug 3, 2015, 3:50:32 PM8/3/15
to Axel Angel, Caffe Users
Fast R-CNN is a package by Ross Girshick for detection by proposals + convnets that makes use of Caffe. I suggest checking it out.

One should also be aware of Faster R-CNN but note that the code is not yet released.

Evan Shelhamer

el

Nov 3, 2015, 3:59:25 AM11/3/15
to Caffe Users, axel+...@vneko.ch
One should also be aware of Faster R-CNN but note that the code is not yet released.