Selective Search Error

Michael Xin

Apr 11, 2015, 2:00:57 AM4/11/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com

I download the selective_search_ijcv_with_python patch from https://github.com/sergeyk/selective_search_ijcv_with_python

and copy it to /$CAFFE_ROOT/python/caffe

then I start MATLAB and run demo.m, but it seems that something wrong.., as is shown below:

>> demo
Demo of how to run the code for:
   J. Uijlings, K. van de Sande, T. Gevers, A. Smeulders
   Segmentation as Selective Search for Object Recognition
   IJCV 2013

Compiling the segmentation algorithm of:
   P. Felzenszwalb and D. Huttenlocher
   Efficient Graph-Based Image Segmentation
   International Journal of Computer Vision, 2004
Source code/Project page:
Note: A small Matlab wrapper was made.
Attempt to execute SCRIPT anigauss as a function:
/home/michael/caffe-master/python/selective_search_ijcv_with_python-master/Dependencies/anigaussm/anigauss.m

Error in Image2OrientedGradients (line 21)

Error in BlobStructTextureHist (line 12)

Error in Image2HierarchicalGrouping (line 45)
textureHist = BlobStructTextureHist(blobIndIm, colourIm);

Error in demo (line 61)
[boxes blobIndIm blobBoxes hierarchy] = Image2HierarchicalGrouping(im, sigma, k, minSize, colorType, simFunctionHandles);

It`s weird... because I download the original code from http://koen.me/research/selectivesearch/, and run demo.m. It`s all OK.

So, could you tell me where is my mistake?

Thanks a lot!
Message has been deleted

Joshua Holly

Jun 18, 2015, 10:00:28 AM6/18/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I have the same issue. Did you fix it yet?

Best regards, Joshua

Joshua Holly

Jun 18, 2015, 4:26:32 PM6/18/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
If I use the original repository, the same error occurs.

Adam

Nov 27, 2015, 7:13:24 AM11/27/15
to Caffe Users

I have exactly the same problem. Have you solved yet?

Adam

Nov 27, 2015, 7:36:02 AM11/27/15
to Caffe Users
I think, maybe I solved this problem. Just download "anigauss.dll" from https://code.google.com/p/neurons/source/browse/trunk/matlab/iccv2011/anigaussm/anigauss.dll?r=963
and put it in the directory of *\anigaussm. Then, it should be work.

Antonio Paes

Nov 27, 2015, 7:52:30 AM11/27/15
to Caffe Users
Hi guys maybe this help you:

the original implementation in matlab.

Mark Shilton

Feb 1, 2016, 8:50:11 AM2/1/16
to Caffe Users

Hi all,

I had the same issue (identical error message as Michael's). I downloaded both selective search versions from http://koen.me/research/selectivesearch/  (IJCV Journal and ICCV conference version) and neither of them worked when i called 'run demo.m'.

Opened up the demo.m file and noticed that on lines 12 and 24 the '~exist' functions were underlined in yellow.

The warning message that appears when you hover over it suggests that the exist function prefers two arguments. Found this webpage that was also useful http://uk.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/37722-check-for-existence-of-mat-file-in-search-path

Therefore i tried out a second argument. As seen below:

Saved the changes and then ran 'run demo.m' and it worked.

I tried this out on Matlab R2013b and also added the select search folder to matlab's paths.

Hope this helps someone in future...

Mark