OpenCV is optional or mandatory to build Caffe

Javier

Oct 25, 2016, 2:10:59 PM10/25/16
to Caffe Users
Hello all:

I am trying to build Caffe on a Ubuntu 16.04. From what is said in

http://caffe.berkeleyvision.org/installation.html

I understand that OpenCV is an optional dependency, i.e. that it is not required.

However, no matter whether I leave this line in Makefile.config commented or uncommented

#USE_OPENCV := 0

building with

$ make all

fails at this point:

Makefile:619: recipe for target '.build_release/tools/convert_imageset.bin' failed

which is a problem that I guess is related to OpenCV.

I also tried to install OpenCV, but this in turn raises another errors. But let me first find out whether OpenCV is required or how to make Caffe got built without it.

Thank you very much

Javier

Evan Shelhamer

Oct 25, 2016, 8:32:40 PM10/25/16
to Javier, Caffe Users
Always do `make clean` when switching settings in the Makefile.config.

Evan Shelhamer

V. Javier Traver

Oct 26, 2016, 1:35:29 AM10/26/16
to Evan Shelhamer, Caffe Users
Thanks. I already tried this but it was not effective :(