MKL library - runtest fails 2 tests

Bassel Safwat

Mar 25, 2017, 10:11:55 AM3/25/17
to Caffe Users
Hello,

I am using MKL and it fails with the following 2 errors in the make runtest step:

[  FAILED  ] 2 tests, listed below:
[  FAILED  ] NetTest/0.TestFromTo, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
[  FAILED  ] NetTest/1.TestFromTo, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<double>

I used atlas and it works pretty fine.

I also tried

MKL_CBWR=AUTO make runtest

but it didnt have any effect on the errors.

Xiangyu Li

Jun 4, 2017, 11:05:41 PM6/4/17
to Caffe Users
Having the same issue when trying to use MKL with caffe. I tried switching back to atlas and it worked fine, but failed with MKL. Error is listed below:

NetTest/1. TestFromTo, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<double>

Xiangyu Li

Jun 4, 2017, 11:21:26 PM6/4/17
to Caffe Users
Fixed it by export MKL_CBWR=AUTO before make runtest.

Wenjing Chen

Apr 17, 2018, 3:21:30 AM4/17/18
to Caffe Users
Same here. Atlas works fine but not mkl. I also tried export MKL_CBWR=AUTO before make runtest, still the same two errors. Then I tried to compile with cmake (cmake -DBLAS=mkl ..), works for me.